Driver's side front window refused to go up for a minute? Eh?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was at a light earlier today and went to put my drivers window up cause I'd just finished smoking (yeah I know, shouldn't be smoking in the truck but I'm a punk). Anyhow I pressed the button and got no response. Checked all the other windows and they were fine, then tried again and again for the drivers window and nothing. On about the 10th try it went up nice and smoothly like nothing had been wrong and has worked ever since. What's up this this? No mechanical noise, nothing...

Quick point of interest. Both button lights (the green glow which illuminates the front windows on my door control panel are out and have been since I bought the truck). Wasn't a big deal to me and my buddy said I'd need to replace the entire module under there if I wanted to get them fixed so I passed..any relationship to the above issue?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 42

offroadexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would just get on ebay if I were you and buy a new switch module, I see them on there all the time and fairly cheap too...

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
happens to me every once in awhile. if haven't done this. but you can take apart the module and try cleaning the contacts. or as offroad says buy a module off ebay.

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
weird. Looked on ebay and didn't find a single one. Maybe it's that time of year? lol

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take it apart and clean it with electric parts cleaner. Or, just push it harder. Or just get a new switch.

There's a bunch on ebay: Link. Seems they're all going for around 50 bucks new.

As for the LEDs, the circuit board sucks. They put in a bunch of surface mount resistors to reduce the voltage from 14.4 to ~5V, so it gets kinnda hot in there, and messes up the "wiring" within the PCB. I had a video on the other site where I took the switch apart. You can see the LEDs still work if you push down on certain sections of the PCB.

Heh, really just Ford electronics :p

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my gfs dads fx2 does that. i forgot the year, but i think its an 08 or 09 f150. the switch seems to get stuck going up. you press it a few times and it works. he just deals with it.

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take it apart and clean it with electric parts cleaner. Or, just push it harder. Or just get a new switch.

There's a bunch on ebay: Link. Seems they're all going for around 50 bucks new.

As for the LEDs, the circuit board sucks. They put in a bunch of surface mount resistors to reduce the voltage from 14.4 to ~5V, so it gets kinnda hot in there, and messes up the "wiring" within the PCB. I had a video on the other site where I took the switch apart. You can see the LEDs still work if you push down on certain sections of the PCB.

Heh, really just Ford electronics :p

Thanks for the link. I was typing switch module so wasn't getting any hits. Cheers!