Drivers window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Today, cold out, I put the window up with the auto up and it goes up, stops and came back down to about a third open. Did it every time. If I bring it up slowly it stays up and tight. Motor?

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Something is binding or sticking. Probably from the cold maybe.

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
Could you explain or post a link for other members who come across the same problem?
Window bounce back feature. You have to reinitialize the window switches and wait 48hrs. Same thing happens when you put window vent shades in the track. Window goes up, feels something it shouldn’t, and comes back down to 1/3 showing. Helps save kids arms and necks from being caught.

Shut the door, pull on the auto up switch until window is all the way up and hold for another 3 seconds. Let it sit 48hrs without using the window switch.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is the child safety system getting triggered by resistance. Most likely due to ice on the glass or in the upper track. Pretty common actually. Most people don't roll there windows down under these circumstances, so never run into it.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Window bounce back feature. You have to reinitialize the window switches and wait 48hrs. Same thing happens when you put window vent shades in the track. Window goes up, feels something it shouldn’t, and comes back down to 1/3 showing. Helps save kids arms and necks from being caught.

Shut the door, pull on the auto up switch until window is all the way up and hold for another 3 seconds. Let it sit 48hrs without using the window switch.
Should not need to do this, if it works just fine when warmer. This is to reset it, and relearn.

Chuckfo

Reaction score
My 2017 did this when I went thru a drive thru for lunch. -30 deg F that day, thankfully it hasn't done that since.