Driveshafts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has any converted to a Double Cardan driveshaft??
If so any issues?
I've heard that the weight of the Double Cardan joints on this style of transfer case (slip rear joint) can cause bearing issues????

I know Ford had originally put in this style of driveshaft but had recalled it do to problems (Vibes I think)

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Rancho and a couple of other lift manufacturers suggested upgrading to those shafts for awd trucks to avoid vibration.

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has any converted to a Double Cardan driveshaft??
If so any issues?
I've heard that the weight of the Double Cardan joints on this style of transfer case (slip rear joint) can cause bearing issues????

I know Ford had originally put in this style of driveshaft but had recalled it do to problems (Vibes I think)

No issues. It actually made my ride much more quieter..

picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg

:head3:

OP
OP
Canadian Expy

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No issues. It actually made my ride much more quieter..

picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg

That's a great looking driveshaft.....
I thought about the dual double Cardan, with 8" suspension lift the angles are not great.

But $$$$ :bawl:

Where did you get that????

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a great looking driveshaft.....
I thought about the dual double Cardan, with 8" suspension lift the angles are not great.

But $$$$ :bawl:

Where did you get that????

After getting the quote from Tom's and the shipping would have killed me, I shopped and work with a local DS shop specializing in Big Rigs. They were able to get the parts thru Splicers and we worked it out so an exact fit could be made for the Duals.. I think the cost was 400 or 450 I forget...

OP
OP
Canadian Expy

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After getting the quote from Tom's and the shipping would have killed me, I shopped and work with a local DS shop specializing in Big Rigs. They were able to get the parts thru Splicers and we worked it out so an exact fit could be made for the Duals.. I think the cost was 400 or 450 I forget...

Nice, price is pretty good also.
I'm still trying to figure out how to get the rear axle back in center of the wheel opening :think:
Then I can measure for a longer driveshaft.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badbolr