Driving lights behind grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadTxn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Greetings. Does anyone with an 04-06 have driving lights installed behind their grille? I know there's a lot of space back there from when I was wiring the harness for my HIDs. I was thinking about some Hella Black Magic lights, but aren't sure what the output would be from in there, plus how it would look. Pictures would be great. Thanks.

Buck Nasty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How's the light output from behind the grille XLTman? I wanted to do that with mine but, I thought the functionality of the light would be compromised.

As you can see...Right to the bumper baby!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's plenty of people on the F150 forum that have them behind the grille. Then again, for the newer F150s, it's real easy to get behind the grille. :D

Let me see if I can find some pix/threads.

XLTman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks buck and avro the lights behind the grill aren't much affected at all they were really easy to install and are 55 watt baja lights

mjdh_80

Reaction score
Hey Madtxn do ytou have any other pics of your truck? I want to do something like that with mine. Did you get your tail lights on ebay? I was looking at ones a lot like that but was unsure. More pics of those too. Thanks

OP
OP
M

MadTxn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This one should work.

IMG_0472_sm.jpg

I got them from a place called Kingsource. They were pretty bad to deal with and the lights didn't quite fit right. All in all, I wouldn't recommend them.

SG1NUT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll be installing driving lights behind my grille this weekend. I will post up some pictures then.