DS window rolls up slow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcat

Reaction score
My front drivers side windows rolls up slow when it gets about mid way up. I have to pull up on it while pressing the up button to get it all the way up. The only time i dont have to do this is when its raining outside. today i took off the door panel to see what was going on and i didnt see anything wrong but i sprayed some liquid silicone inside the window track and it works better now. i dont have to use me hand anymore to get it up but it still doesnt move fast like the other windows. what can i do to fix this completely?

megawatt00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had that on my SuperDuty and it was because the window motor was starting to die. The silicone is a temp fix, you are reducing the resistance that is required to "push" the window up. I did the silicone for about a year before having to replace the window motor.

OP
OP
F

Fastcat

Reaction score
im gonna get on that before it gets cold out then... is the motor bolted or riveted in? and is it seperate from the window regulator?

megawatt00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That I am not to sure of on these trucks. On my F350 it was held in by 3 bolts to the door. Make sure that you hold the window open with tape before you remove the motor though,