Dual battery setup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a kit or something? Have inadvertently run down the battery to where I needed a jump once every few months, and it's really annoying

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That can get a little complicated if you have to mount it inside the cabin, so I wouldn't go down that road unless you really need to. Perhaps an upgraded battery with a higher reserve capacity would suffice? I can easily run my truck in the accessory position for over an hour w/ my current battery, whereas my Motorcraft battery - even when new - would start struggling to start my truck even after running accessories for 20 minutes.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes they sell dual battery kits, for Trucks, RV's and Boats...pick your flavor...

As mentioned, I grew up on the water so I saw a lot of the boat installs and it is never as easy as plug&play&forget.....meters to check, switches to flip to cycle them etc...but it's your truck.....look into them and make your decision.

jeff

Plati

Reaction score
How bout one of these?
I have one, so I haven't needed it (for my Expy) but its there if/when I do.
Fits like a glove under rear of passenger seat. Safe location.
have used it to jump other people, handy when vehicle blocked in parking spot
https://www.cloreautomotive.com/sku.php?id=539

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Afair, there was a FACTORY dual battery option.. either in some of the 5.4 years on expy, or maybe I'm confused and just on 5.4 F150s...

I meant a kit for adding that same setup later

iimagine

2016 EL XLT
Reaction score
Afair, there was a FACTORY dual battery option.. either in some of the 5.4 years on expy, or maybe I'm confused and just on 5.4 F150s...

I meant a kit for adding that same setup later

I vaguely remember that in the cobwebs that I use for brains. Was going to go with a dual battery back on my '05EB.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it was with the f250 and 350. No room under hood of expeditions. Any install can be done, ever watch fast and loud on discovery! If your set on a second battery, a deep cycle one, you'll need a battery isolator kit, and will have to mount your battery in fear area somewhere. The cables both positive and negative will have to be fabricated. I think our resident electrical gurus stamp, and bedrck can probably elaborate on what all it entails!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A portable jump box is the easiest way to go.

Big enough for 5.4L triton? The "1000" model is on backorder

Screenshot_2018-03-13-18-31-19.png

Needed a jump AGAIN, barely an hour after starting just fine to move to a better parking spot.

Can't tell if it's me overusing the power sockets for charging phones and tablets and shit, or if it's multiple lock-unlock cycles & the HIDs with the way it lights all the lights when you hit the remote