E10 shelf life ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
My 2003XLT … sometimes gas may sit in the tank for 2 months. In that scenario I fill tank with no ethanol gas and pay $15 extra. Is it worth the trouble or should I just save $15 and fill with regular E10 gas? In other words, what is the shelf life of E10 gas in a fuel tank?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2003XLT … sometimes gas may sit in the tank for 2 months. In that scenario I fill tank with no ethanol gas and pay $15 extra. Is it worth the trouble or should I just save $15 and fill with regular E10 gas? In other words, what is the shelf life of E10 gas in a fuel tank?

I don’t know that answer about the shelf life of E10 gas.

However, you could buy STA-BIL fuel stabilizer, and add it according to label directions prior to filling the tank that will not be used for two months.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
E10 has a useful shelf life of 3 months and degrades rather quickly. This is due to the oxidation of ethanol, and can create varnish build up. Personally while I think it will work for you, you are doing the right thing by using Ethanol Free because this reduces oxidation and varnishing caused by the ethanol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1