Easy Entry Seat Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Smith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Greetings. The Easy Entry Seat feature on my 2008 stopped working. I read online that if the seat is moved as far as possible towards the rear and then held there, it will bump forward and reset itself. I tried that and it didn’t work. Do I need it- no. Am I a gadget person who likes to use things I have - yes.

Anybody else have any ideas?

Thanks!

crector080862

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is the procedure that I found

Perform while outside vehicle with drivers door open:
1. Turn key to "ON" position 2 (right before start)
2. Press bottom seat cushion button forward, once seat reaches the full forward position, continue to hold for 10 seconds. Then release button. (I heard a reset click after 10 seconds, I assume meant it reset)
3. Hit seat memory button you have your settings set to and allow it to adjust to set position.
4. Get in car while seat is in your set driving position, close door, then turn key to off position and remove. (your seat and steering wheel should now adjust to the exit position setting)

Seat should now work with the easy entry/exit feature again.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Anchorclanker

Reaction score
Well, I had the same problem on my 08 Limited. Followed these steps and PRESTO, it works again. Thanks crector080862, much appreciated.

TomM

Reaction score
This is what I did:

Perform while outside vehicle with drivers door open:

1. Turn key to "ON" position 2 (right before start)

2. Press bottom seat cushion button forward Reverse, once seat reaches the full forward reverse position, continue to hold for 10 seconds. Then release button. (I heard a reset click after 10 2 seconds, I assume meant it reset)

3. Hit seat memory button you have your settings set to and allow it to adjust to set position.

4. Get in car while seat is in your set driving position, close door, then turn key to off position and remove. (your seat and steering wheel should now adjust to the exit position setting)

Seat should now work with the easy entry/exit feature again.