EL or MAX???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expee17Max

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been addressed, I did a search and couldn't find anything. So I recently purchased a 2017 Limited EL, according to the paperwork. The chrome trim piece on the back of the vehicle clearly says MAX not EL. I searched around and almost all of the images for 2017 Limited show EL on the back. I have only seen a few with the MAX marking. According to Wiki the Expedition was EL until 2017 and MAX for the 2018 release. I know there's not much difference between EL and MAX, if any at all, just curious as to why mine says MAX even tho it's listed as EL and most of the others say EL. Could that piece have been replaced at some point? Are there two different versions of the 17? I do believe it was manufactured in Canada if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any input.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Canada they’ve always been called MAX, EL in US. Truck was built for Canadian market.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Our 15 was a “Max”... like was said already meant it was originally sold in Canada. The EL name was dropped across the board in 18 for Max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because "Max" is so much more cosmopolitan.

Haha! I think it was mainly to prevent the confusion like the question that started this thread in the first place.

They had to replace the back chrome piece on our 15 cause it was tarnished and looked like crap even when clean. The service writer was having a stroke because of the fact he thought I would be upset it didn’t say Max anymore...it was hilarious!

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Expee17Max

Reaction score
Haha! I think it was mainly to recent the confusion like the question that started this thread in the first place.

They had to replace the back chrome piece on our 15 cause it was tarnished and looked like crap even when clean. The service writer was having a stroke because of the fact he thought I would be upset it didn’t say Max anymore...it was hilarious!

That's pretty funny. I honestly couldn't care less what the back of the truck says...as long as the guy in the suburban can read it.

Thanks everyone.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to admit I like that the Suburban has door badges so you can read it from the side too :D.

My expy has the long door badges but that’s an 07 & 08 only item.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire