electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lksmith69

Reaction score
I have an 04 expedition xlt and the previous owner had tabpped into the blue green wire going to the fuse box...

Make a long story short it shorted out and now fuse box is missing power to many fuses.. I jumped from the battery to the blue green wire and I regained power... I can only find the one fuse box under the dash..... Does anyone know of a fuse panel somewhere under the hood?

Also completely separate issue.... Is their a reason the dome lights will only work together by using the switch near the headlight switch? Should you not be able to turn them on individually by pressing them.....

Thanks

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

there should be a red wire from the battery that feeds the fuse box all other wires exit the fuse box to different circuits I have looked at the wiring diagrams for your year and can not find the blue green wire that you refer to but it may be that by you placing a jumper from the battery to the blue green wire that you are back feeding that circuit I would suggest that you remove that jumper and then check all fuses and replace those that are bad. Check them with a meter or a good test light. Let me know which ones you find blown and I will see what they go to

OP
OP
L

lksmith69

Reaction score
its actually purple with blue there about 5 different wires- they plug into the side of the fuse block 5-6 wires in a molex connector- all 10 gauge and go thru the firewall, pulled the battery and can not see where they go... i see a solid red wire from the battery goes under battery box and is all sealed up.... from the interior the 5-6 10 gauge wires go up and behind the glove box and looks like thur the firewall...... surely there is a fuse somewhere for these wires... when check with a voltmeter now some are hot constant some are on with key....

B

bedrck46

look at the attached print and let me know which connector you are referring to

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
L

lksmith69

Reaction score
C270G- I am going to pull in the shop and pull each fuse with a ohm meter.......

I think i understand what you are saying------ they are fused in the fuse box at floor and go elsewhere.... they are outputs from fuse box not to it......

By glance i did not see any blown fuses and I assume it will be a 40 of 50 amp fuse....

B

bedrck46

should be 30 amp fuses #29 #102 #110 #117 and there may be some smaller amp fuses involved

B

bedrck46

also check #116 40 amp fuse

I would suggest to you that you get a good Ford workshop Manual One can be obtained on e-bay from seller morpheousking its on a DVD and cost around $10.00 includes wiring diagrams that are specific to model years Just make sure you get the DVD for a 2004 model as he has many different DVDs
Let me know how you make out with the current problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik