Electrical trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrhein1

Reaction score
Been looking for a while and not finding an answer to my problem. I guess it all started with an alternator problem, replaced that, rear wiper motor went, battery went and now some strange things going on.
First, I lost my dome light when the door is open
Second, the interior lights up front only work when the key is in the ignition
The security bypass for my remote start got fried and had to replace it
And usually, the radio would stay on after shutdown, but now goes off when key is off.
I thought that it would be the battery saver module but that doesn't add up, all fuses under Dash at the passenger side are good, and I don't know where else to look. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
J

jrhein1

Reaction score
2005 expedition limited 5.4. Repairs lately somewhat related - alternator, battery, tensioner and idler pulleys, rear wiper motor, rear signal light.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"First, I lost my dome light when the door is open"

Does it do this for all doors or just one door?

OP
OP
J

jrhein1

Reaction score
Well, I pulled all relevant ones and checked both sides of almost all fuses with a fluke multimeter and got 14.something volts, showing functionality

OP
OP
J

jrhein1

Reaction score
I am baffled, but not sure how to actually check the battery saver unit

OP
OP
J

jrhein1

Reaction score
And dome light doesn't work with any door while open, also switch does not work, you know, dimmer all the way up to on position

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
print

The battery saver relay is part of the fuse block and isn't normally user replicable. Although it can be replaced but that involves taking the fuse block apart

Attachments

• 89-01.jpg
    89-01.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 48

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT