Engine light flashes for 15 seconds ?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yup, misfire. but the problem, like blacklow said, is they cant pinpoint it if the light isnt on. it sounds like you are on the verge of cop/plug fowl. then the light will stay on till you fix it.

Not necessarily. My light went out on my '06 and the scanner still picked up that the code was thrown. And they scan it for free. I purchased 1 plug and Coil Pack and swapped out the ones that were associated with the miss-firing cylinder.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PAPARAZZI

Reaction score
OK, I WENT TO GET MY FUEL FILTER CHANGED TODAY,,, but i ran a scan @ autozone an they did not find out anything wrong,, no codes came out,, so i went to a local mecanic an he did not find no codes or anything that came up,,,,

so due i wait until the light stays on,, now

outkast

Full Access Members
Reaction score
depends what you wanna do...here is the way I see it..

drive it until the coil starts missing

take it to a dealer (they are about the only people with the equipment to stress test a coil)

bite the bullet and just replace all 8 with plugs, and be done with it.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
depends what you wanna do...here is the way I see it..

drive it until the coil starts missing

take it to a dealer (they are about the only people with the equipment to stress test a coil)

bite the bullet and just replace all 8 with plugs, and be done with it.

Option 3 if you have the money.

You're already past the 100k mile life of them. The longer your wait, the higher the probability that that will break in half when removing them.

As I said earlier, if you are going to take it somewhere, make sure they know about the TSB. Ask them how many 3V 5.4 plug changes they've done without breaking any.

OP
OP
P

PAPARAZZI

Reaction score
O.K,, tell me if i should due it like this,, i will go on ebay an buy the 8 motocraft spark plugs for my exp,, then take it to a mecanic who has expirence in this type of suv an have him replace all 8 spark plugs,,

an i should be fine

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are going to replace all the plugs (and you should), I would go with a newer one piece design that won't separate at the threads like the OEM plugs. Brisk racing just came out with a one-piece plug for the 3V engines that are designed with the electrode shroud and threads as a single piece shaft. Probably the way I will be going when I change the plugs this summer.

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
do the 04 4.6 have the plug breakage problem too or can i tackle it?

OP
OP
P

PAPARAZZI

Reaction score
if you are going to replace all the plugs (and you should), i would go with a newer one piece design that won't separate at the threads like the oem plugs. Brisk racing just came out with a one-piece plug for the 3v engines that are designed with the electrode shroud and threads as a single piece shaft. Probably the way i will be going when i change the plugs this summer.

due you have a link or part # on those, i will buy them this weekend

OP
OP
P

PAPARAZZI

Reaction score
IS THIS THE ONE FOR MY 05 EXPEDITION ,,,

picture1gt.png