Engine Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeviKemp

Reaction score
Hey everyone, kinda wishing my first post was more of a hello but I'm here for some help. I've owned my 2008 EB Expedition for about 3 years now. Last year it started having some issues, misfires in a couple cylinders. After replacing the coil packs on all 8 cylinders and the spark plugs on the failing cylinders and cleaning the intake throttle body I ended up getting the cam phasers replaced. Since then it's been much better but the check engine light came back on for a cam position sensor. I replaced both, the one reported failing was the drivers side and was covered with oil when I pulled it.

I've uploaded a couple videos, one before and one after doing some more cleaning to see if that would help but it's just not as quite as it used to be and the check engine light still shows an issue with the cam position sensor after being cleared.

Any thoughts on what else I could check?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you have your Variable Cam Timing Solonoids replaced when you did the phasers? If not that’s very likely the issue. Change your oil every 5,000 at a minimum those solonoids and screens don’t like prolonged oil changes one bit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LeviKemp

Reaction score
Honestly I don't recall, I took it into a shop to get that done so I'll check and see. Thanks!