evap can purge solenoid wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ex0r

Reaction score
Anyone have a schematic or map of the wiring system for the vap canister purge solenoid? I just replaced mine after a CEL said circuit malfunction, and it's still throwing the code, even after two resets.

The purge solenoid on the 1997 ford expedition is on the firewall, drivers side isnt it? The part i took off was exactly the same as the part I bought, so unless there are two of them than I replaced the right one.

Being as it says circuit malfunction, I am assuming that it's an electrical problem, and not a vacuum problem, so I am going to use the wiring schematic and or map to trace the wiring back all the way to the source, and possibly replace the wiring all throughout there if needed. I don't have any other idea what the problem could be.

If somebody could post me the schematic or wiring map for it, I would appreciate it. The haynes manual I have doesn't show the wiring diagram for it or the emissions system.

OP
OP
E

Ex0r

Reaction score
okay, so I have been looking for answers, and it appears there is both a purge solenoid, and vent solenoid on expeditions? The purge solenoid is on the firewall, which is what I replaced, but others are saying that there is a vent solenoid on the frame rail? Anyone have a picture of what it looks like? I cant find any parts that match that description at all on any parts sites. I want to check the wiring for it to see if it's messed up at all, since I replaced the purge solenoid at the firewall and still getting the P1451 error code for vent solenoid circuit malfunction.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badbolr