Exchanging steering wheels question....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobycane74

Reaction score
Alright, my '01 Expy EB steering wheel is rather mildly worn....I have wheel cover currently on it...which looks good.
However, I am wanting to replace it with an actual steering wheel.
I came across a part and video of someone replacing his Ford F150 Steering Wheel Removal 97-03 with a replacement 2L3Z-3600-CAA (King Ranch).

Now I got to be honest his King Ranch model looks pretty darn close to the 97-02 Exp...and the steering wheel looks pretty close to mine 01 EB.

I am wondering....would this be a good replacement? I am thinking the wiring has to be almost exact...if the air bag is not messed with.
I found an actual new OEM King Ranch replacement https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-steering-wheel-2l3z3600caa

Has anyone attempted to replace their 00-02 Exp EB with a F150 KR steering wheel?

Here is the video I was referring to... The interior of his F150 KR is very similar to the 00-02 Exp EB

Last edited: