exhaust/mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lynnw

Reaction score
I just got a 2003 expedition.It has the 4.6 litre in it.And I am looking to put dual exhaust on it.Could any of you recommend a nice sounding muffler.And what size pipe should I run.

XLTman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another user here has a magnaflow muffler and it sounded nice i believe the stock piping is 2 1/2 inches

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it me? :p

If I did it again, I think I would go with the 14 inch Maggy.

From what I've picked up at F150 online, if you are going to go with a dual exhaust, I'd go with 2.25 piping.

Let me see if I can find the thread where someone did what I thought was a bad ass looking system. I don't know if he had them or not, but I would replace the cats with Magnaflow free-flowing cats, then do what the guy did. The pipes meet at a Maggy X pipe, then go to two Maggy 14 inch mufflers.

XLTman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was that you elvato that posted that nice and shiny maggy pic and then a sound clip a while ago? i should have bought a mag too my thrush turbo muffler is dirt i need a straight through muffler next:D

Last edited:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by XLTman
Was that you elvato that posted that nice and shiny maggy pic and then a sound clip a while ago? i should have bought a mag too my thrush turbo muffler is dirt i need a straight through muffler next:D

Yea, that was me :)

XLTman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sweet sound clip elvato i love that low grumble noise damn dave 40 series sounds just about right too me:)

Last edited:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds nice at cold start up, but I don't know, it doesn't seem to be loud enough when going. The AFE in the engine makes the engine sound louder than the exhaust. Might want to get some Maggy free-flowing cats in the future, along with maybe a 14 incher.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah if you get rid of the 4 factory cats for some high flow it will be loud..... you could try taking off the rear cats if they aren't being monitored by the rear O2 sensors like mine was....

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole cats subject confuses me a bit. Apparently you can use two Maggy cats to replace the four stock cats, and everything still be ok. At least that's what I hear for the F150 trucks.

Should be the same with the Expys, right? Or a 4.6? Hmm...guess I have to look under and take a picture or something. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tan Khai Nguyen