Exhaust pipes

Discussion in '4th Gen - 2018 - present' started by Taccone, Jun 11, 2019.

1. 16plati

16plati Full Access Members

Watch this video, especially around 1:29 when he opens it on the highway and guns it. You can almost here it saying “hoooooooooondaaaaaa” shift gear “hoooooooonnnnnnndaaaaaa”

Nerd

nate6966 likes this.
  2. 16plati

What? If he puts it downstream of the muffler it will be ok. If he removes the muffler and places these cutouts in its place, hope he doesn’t have kids or a wife bc that shit is obnoxiously loud and sounds like pennies in a tin can when you hit it. There is no room to do it between the downpipes and the muffler since that’s where the flex pipe is. These work well on the f150s because they run a resonator off the DPs then straight piping to a muffler before it exits so there’s plenty of room to install between the resonator and muffler on those. Expeditions it’s the other way around. You have DP, flex pipe welded to the muffler, straight piping over the rear axle with a resonator out the rear. Just watch the video and see how awful it sounds. Also, there is basically minuscule gains in doing this. This is solely for attention IMO, not trying to hurt someone’s feeling. Just would hate for him to spend the time and money in doing this because they sound horrible. I’ve done it and instantly regretted it and had to piece my old system back in the truck

nate6966 likes this.
  3. Randy Schmidt

Randy Schmidt Full Access Members

OP... Please don't do that Electric whatever they are called. It's a V6, and it will always sound like a V6. Tune it and call it a day. Tune will give you a much bigger gain and probably cost about the same as those Electric thingy mi bobers.

JExpedition07, nate6966 and 16plati like this.
  4. 16plati

Yes, hands down sct x4 or ngauge with a 93 perf and 93 perf tow. Or say f it and go e50! No mpgs there though

5. Artie

Artie Full Access Members

Not gonna lie, that’s cool tech!
    Not gonna lie, that sounds lame.

It could be due to the position of the camera and mic, it probably sounds better when your not 2 feet from the mouth of a screaming exhaust.

nate6966 likes this.
  6. Deadman

Deadman Full Access Members

Mine stock sounds so gay already with the little bit of V6 sound it emits. I sure don't want to magnify that lame sound!

Randy Schmidt, nate6966 and Artie like this.
  7. Randy Schmidt

Randy Schmidt Full Access Members

Couldn't agree more that the tech is cool, but they have been using it in the VW community for quite some time now...

8. 16plati

Thts exactly what our v6 sounds like when you screw with the exhaust. I put a straight through flow (best for turbo charged vehicles), non chambered muffler on for all of about 3.7 miles. Immediately took it back to my house and put stock back on. Can’t hear anything in the cab, and it just sounded like metal clanging around when you accelerate. You would need no less than 2 resonators on there for it to not be obnoxious. I really hope the OP does some research before blowing money on this pointless change to his truck that sounds perfectly fine with stock exhaust.

@Taccone why don’t you just do the rear resonator delete and call it a day?

9. Grey ghost

Grey ghost Full Access Members

Some people will buy anything.lol

10. cmiles97

cmiles97 Full Access Members

Save the money on the exhaust mods and just turn up your stereo. Ford pipes in and enhances motor noise via the stereo. I'm sure a good hacker can change it to a V-8 sound for you for much less money.