Exhaust!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, I had my Dynomax Super Turbo 3"i/o in for a while with an immediate turndown, which was nice, sounded good and all, but I did lose a little torque in the process, no biggie I thought.

I got the bright idea to cut out my rear cats on Sunday, and bought the stuff to clamp in pipes instead. Well, it leaked SO BAD! It was also unbearably loud and I lost even more torque which really bugged me, but it revved like awesome!

I finally sucked it up and took it to an exhaust shop yesterday and they welded in new pipes where my cats were, then went 3" from the y-pipe back to my Dynomax, then a 3" tailpipe in the factory location. Wow! ALL my torque is back, she revs like she did with no torque before, and the sound is amazing, not loud at all until I gun it, even then it's not unbearable. It's completely quiet while cruising, even at 70. If you go up a hill and have to give a bit of gas you'll hear it but even then it's a nice tone, I'll get a video of it soon!

Just thought I'd post up my idiocy and the result of it hahaha

Irwin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I always used to do my own exhaust because I thought "why pay someone to do what I know I can do"...........well, I won't ever make my own exhaust again, for the price and the time I'm happy to pay someone less that it always used to cost to fix my mistakes! LOL

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cutting the rear cats off is what a few of us have done, works great and the sound is awesome, but i also tried to complete it my self and it leaked so i had it welded up all is good

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Sounds like it worked out for you in the end.

Congrats! :)

diablood5

Reaction score
hey....KWT2000, when you cut the rear cats off did you keep the same stock muffler ,, im looking for a cheap way to give me some sound out the back with out it being to loud. i had a guy say that if i kept the rear cats , take out the stock muffler to straight pipe it and then add a 3 1/2 " tip out the back it would sound great and not be to loud and annoying ,, not sure what to think or what to do, you got any advice?

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey....KWT2000, when you cut the rear cats off did you keep the same stock muffler ,, im looking for a cheap way to give me some sound out the back with out it being to loud. i had a guy say that if i kept the rear cats , take out the stock muffler to straight pipe it and then add a 3 1/2 " tip out the back it would sound great and not be to loud and annoying ,, not sure what to think or what to do, you got any advice?

I will post a few videos we took while wheeling so you can hear it

i ran a glass pack with the rear cat delete and stock tail pipe, a tuner will change the sound as well and in the videos i was running a Jet tuner..

imo strait pipe with and keeping all the cats is a ratty sound with alot of krackle

Last edited:

diablood5

Reaction score
thanks , it sucks when a truck looks like it has balls but dosnt sound like it,,,,, did you lose any power when taking out the back cats? i have a metal mulisha 3 1/2 tip for it to match the trucks theme i just dont know what to do with the muffler... i dont like the krackle sound either.. sounds week and cheap..looking for somthing kinda deep and low..( but still cheap) lol

diablood5

Reaction score
yeah that sounds sweet,, thats what i was looking for