Expedition EL vs Navigator L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are not serviceable and must be replaced as a complete unit at an astronomical price from Ford. I wish amp made a power step for the expedition then you could just add them and buy parts to service them.

FYI, AMP Research is and has been the OEM mfg of the Explorer and Navigator power boards, and replacement parts are available thru your Ford dealer as well as elsewhere.

OP
OP
L

LJ4174

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I "thought" I seen somewhere where they said you could replace the motors on the power boards?

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I "thought" I seen somewhere where they said you could replace the motors on the power boards?

Ford part numbers 9L7Z-16A507-A (drivers side) & 9L7Z-16A506-A (passenger side).

Dorman, for example, makes part #747-900 for the drivers side, on Amazon for about $150.

Standard Motor Products part #Z10600.

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Need to let all those F150 owners out there know about this. My understanding was Ford used a version of the amp steps but modified just slightly enough to be unique to ford. Maybe it's different for the expedition power boards, which would make sense since amp doesn't make a power board for the expy but does for the F150 despite them having similiar or identical mounting points.