Expedition owners vs PU truck owners.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Holy crap, I showed the pic to one of my estimators and he pulled up a video called "Redneck pours 5 gallons of gas" ....the guy dumps 5 gallons on a pile of scrap wood 6-8 feet high. He uses his good sense when he thinks of lighting it "remotely" but the appliance he uses only "remotes" his hand about 1 foot from the ensuing flame front that appears to completely envelope his rather large body before puking him onto the ground....freaking brilliant!

So you can enjoy it too....do NOT watch after ingesting edibles.....believe me, it will be hard to stop laughing, even after 10 minutes......or so a guy told me so....

jeff

RhinoQuartz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Holy crap, I showed the pic to one of my estimators and he pulled up a video called "Redneck pours 5 gallons of gas" ....the guy dumps 5 gallons on a pile of scrap wood 6-8 feet high. He uses his good sense when he thinks of lighting it "remotely" but the appliance he uses only "remotes" his hand about 1 foot from the ensuing flame front that appears to completely envelope his rather large body before puking him onto the ground....freaking brilliant!

So you can enjoy it too....do NOT watch after ingesting edibles.....believe me, it will be hard to stop laughing, even after 10 minutes......or so a guy told me so....

jeff
This is called 'winning the Darwin award of the year'. Even sounds like an explosion in the movies, holy shit.

Also, the cameraman even says "now kids, don't try this at home". Should've gone with, don't try this ever. What dipshits.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am curious as to what exactly they thought was going to happen?

Also not sure I would call that remotely lighting the pile.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder if gasoline eats through those China-plastic buckets.

They're made of polyethylene, but I don't know if it's HDPE. HDPE can be used to store gasoline, but non-HDPE tends to break down. I keep my gas/oil funnels and such in polypropylene containers.

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was referring to the debris tossed to light it Black, as opposed to him reaching down with his lighter....as I surely thought that he possessed that level of cranial matter to do.....it was almost a sick disappointment when he used the trash instead....ok, I admit it.....but in hindsight.....had he lit it with his lighter, he very likely would NOT have been "okay"....with "okay" being relative of course.<LOL>

How come most of us will admit to wanting to see someone get hurt, right up until they are actually hurt...then we feel bad for them? Or is that our own guilt? Interesting....

jeff

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was referring to the debris tossed to light it Black, as opposed to him reaching down with his lighter....as I surely thought that he possessed that level of cranial matter to do.....it was almost a sick disappointment when he used the trash instead....ok, I admit it.....but in hindsight.....had he lit it with his lighter, he very likely would NOT have been "okay"....with "okay" being relative of course.<LOL>

How come most of us will admit to wanting to see someone get hurt, right up until they are actually hurt...then we feel bad for them? Or is that our own guilt? Interesting....

jeff

Part of our "bad" human nature. I saw a Myth Busters on the Empire state building penny myth years ago. One of the people who worked in the tourist area at the top said even though people believe throwing a penny off it would kill someone they throw them off the top often.

By the way it was busted myth.

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm glad to read that the myth was busted(I liked that show) ....I will also admit that in '79, I made my 1st trip up the ESB...and yes, I had pre-planned to toss Dimes since they sparkle better than a penny.

I tossed one from the 86th fl observ deck after nonchalantly(the workers prob knew exactly what I was doing) pushing my arms through the fencing so no one else would see....and watched it FOREVER as it tumbled.....and I had thought then, "it will never pick up enough speed to be injurious"....it fluttered too much.

jeff