This is Driving Me Nuts!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Preface: my car is a 2015 ford expedition EL XLT. WITH DUAL CLIMATE

One; I have the vent on driver side blowing hot air while passenger side blowing cold. I don’t have the clicking noise though. It’s just hot in driver side and cold on passenger.

Two; there’s not a single video or forum thread that I can find that clearly states, depicts, illustrates, shows, or even talks about where the driver side blend door actuator is on a third gen, specifically a 2015 expedition. A 2008 is SOoo different than a 2015. The dashes don’t even look similar. Am I missing something? Thank you in advance! Please lemme know!!!

WHERE IS IT!?!? Ugh!

adamsdaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good morning,

Have you considered getting a copy of the service manual? If you are interested then PM me if you don’t find active links to it via a forum search.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
Good morning,

Have you considered getting a copy of the service manual? If you are interested then PM me if you don’t find active links to it via a forum search.

Is this what I should be going after?

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FYI. I have a 2007 Santa Fe that exhibited same symptoms, drivers side hot, passenger side cold. I went crazy trying to sort out dual blend doors. There were none. Turned out it was a few oz low in freon. A few years later, this year, it did same thing. Again, the charge needed topping off. Why they fail like that must have to do with geometry of the evaporator coil and thermo hydrodynamics or perhaps foo foo voodoo. If you think about it, even if dual blend doors low freon would still be a problem.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
FYI. I have a 2007 Santa Fe that exhibited same symptoms, drivers side hot, passenger side cold. I went crazy trying to sort out dual blend doors. There were none. Turned out it was a few oz low in freon. A few years later, this year, it did same thing. Again, the charge needed topping off. Why they fail like that must have to do with geometry of the evaporator coil and thermo hydrodynamics or perhaps foo foo voodoo. If you think about it, even if dual blend doors low freon would still be a problem.
Hmm…… thank you for this. I have some of those recharge canisters. I’ll give those a try. Fingers crossed this fixes it. I really don’t want to shell out $1,800 for a shop to fix this.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
Bump:

I’d still like to find a video that shows the ACTUAL location of this blend door on a 2015 expedition. Thanks