expensive dealer only parts...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
$54.60 for a map light switch
$47.95 for the door check bracket.

$00.00 for the look on my face as I walked out.

on the other hand, if anyone knows where to get said parts without the butt-hurt prices. I would be happy. I don't see too many yards here with expys in them.

Manlavi95

Reaction score
Did you get the part number? Might be able to cross-reference it on rockauto.com

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the stealer jacks up the price 300% for older models so they dont bother with slow moving small margin parts and in the unlikely event you do order anyway, its worth their time.

Youre better off getting switches from ebay

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
actually I was "politely" told that I would not get a part number but I could have the price. decided there not to buy but still waste his time to look up the part. I got a name though. "door check strap"

all I need is the bracket that mounts the little black bit to the door. mine is cracked. that and the little white switch in the map light.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am still aggravated that it seemed he was not allowed to give a part number so that I might find it elsewhere. if you're jacking prices to not bother with slow parts, then why not just give the number and save having to ship/handle a part.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get with roxy and but the disc from him that everyone thought he was selling as a business...tell him the year...model...engine size and u will be able to find the p/n's and how to fix it all in one disc...well worth the investment...I got one and was looking for stuff and its all there...anything u can think of its there...I'm in korea so I don't have it with me to look up

Yudaman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
get with roxy and but the disc from him that everyone thought he was selling as a business...tell him the year...model...engine size and u will be able to find the p/n's and how to fix it all in one disc...well worth the investment...I got one and was looking for stuff and its all there...anything u can think of its there...I'm in korea so I don't have it with me to look up

That might be hard to do. Roxy got banned from the site.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I feel your pain. The little plastic handle that reclines the back seat on the Excursion is $47. Haven't been able to find it anywhere else for any less. Going to start calling junk yards on my next day off.

StuntMan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Prices sometimes can be beaten. But seems the only dealer I'm dealing with right now can not be bothered to process recall repairs. It's been two months....Perhaps I'll catch on fire and they notice? Love the Truck just don't like the way they treat customers here.