Dealer and Synch 4 update for my 2023…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been watching folks with 2022s get an update over the air for Synch 4s with updated features we don’t have on our 2023. Mine is regularly changing settings on me, losing radio presets and it just a pain in the butt to use.

So today I went to my dealer and asked the service writer if he can tell me if updates are available for mine. Uh, no, you will have to bring it in and we will hook up to your vehicle to see. Me - what if I give you my VIN number? ( I was not in the Expedition at the time but had the VIN number with me.). No, you will have to bring it in and let us hook it up. If an update is available it normally takes several hours to “force” a download.

Owning new vehicles today has become a royal pain. I live 40 miles from the dealer and don’t want to spend a day just to find out whether an update is even available. And in my case it not just that I don’t like how the system works, it is having several problem issues.

Anyone with a 2023 having any luck?

RacerBX1

Reaction score
No Sync 4A update for me yet, and I have an early build of the 2023 (within a couple of weeks of 2023 model year start of production.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have auto update turned on? And do you have a WIFI setting setup to your home Internet?
Have you checked your Ford Sync or go to Ford.com and log into your account to see if a new firmware is available?

OP
OP
J

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have auto update turned on? And do you have a WIFI setting setup to your home Internet?
Have you checked your Ford Sync or go to Ford.com and log into your account to see if a new firmware is available?
Yes to the first two. No to my account. Did not know that was available - meaning the firmware. I just looked and it’s telling me I need to set up something on the vehicle. I thought I did.

I have to admit that I’m at a point in my life that I’m sick of having to set up a million accounts to run my life. I’m actually not bad at it, I just hate doing it for EVERYTHING.

Thanks for your advice. You have been helpful on all my threads.

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here’s what seemed to trigger it for me. I had on auto updates and wifi. But after reading on this forum I ALSO turned on scheduled updates to run every night at 2am. I don’t know if it was coincidence or what but mine downloaded over the air the next morning in my work parking lot. I had also gone to a website I found with my VIN to check and see if I had updates. It had I had one pending but it wasn’t the new one. So it could be coincidence but I think it downloaded the precursor over night, then I was clear to get the new one. Who knows but that was my experience. Good luck. The update is nice.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would not lose sleep waiting for it. I waited for mine thinking it would be life changing but it was no big deal. A few new options but nothing game changing. Wish I could reclaim all the time I spent checking for it.