Expy as a dinghy vehicle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmer

Reaction score
I’ve got HD tow package with 4LO, so I know it can be towed 4 down.
And I have no issues with doing the install myself—I’m a motor head from way back and a former electrician so there’s not much on a vehicle I can’t tear up
I used to do timing belt jobs, CV joints, half-axles, brakes, whatever for friends just for . Also got into competition sound systems and remote car starters/alarms.
I’m just thinking $3,000 is a tad rich to equip my Expy (that’s me doing all the work). Considering we’re just planning to rent the RV (Outdoorsy.com)
Now we’re considering purchasing one, yes. Which is why we want to try renting a couple this summer. But I think I’ll wait to equip my Expy until I see an RV in my driveway. Lol.
My platinum has all LED lights. Is there an issue with wiring it for tow?

Might be worth looking into renting a car hauling trailer to pull behind the RV. Depending on the amount of stops you plan to make (and the associated loading/unloading of the Rav4). Also depending on the length if your trip, might be able to buy a decent used one and flip it after your trip for little to no cost.

Just a thought