Expy or Expo

What we should call our Expeditions in short.

• Expy

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • Expo

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • other

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Whatever one prefers

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
OK.. It was suggested to me to not call our expeditions "expys" because it sounds too gay.
I admit it does a bit too me as well but I picked it up here and it stuck and honestly it doesn't bother me.

So thus this poll. I believe we as a community should decide the correct title to go by for our Expeditions. Should we call our Expeditions "Expy" , "Expo", something else (If you pick else please state what you feel it should be called) or whatever one prefers.

Once it is decided those not using the correct term shall be banned..:eek:

:joke:

TRTLSLO

Reaction score
I vote Expy. My Expedition has a female name and "Expy" sounds better. If we start calling them "Expo's" I'd have to change her name to something more masculine, like Carl. Seems like me telling my friends I took out Carl, drove him hard in a mudhole, then gave him a bath is waaayyy more :supergay:

I dunno, just my 2cents

RockyF150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My buddy has an explorer, he calls it his ex...And I have taken to calling mine the SuperEx. I do have a reason for my madness and it'll be shown hopefully before June.

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They both sound, uhhh, bad to me

If I want to call it something shorter and easier than Expedition, it's simply 'truck'

Either way though, most anything is better than the common nickname for the smaller brother, you know the one... :rolleyes:

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
They both sound, uhhh, bad to me

If I want to call it something shorter and easier than Expedition, it's simply 'truck'

Either way though, most anything is better than the common nickname for the smaller brother, you know the one... :rolleyes:

Exploder??

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I vote Expy. My Expedition has a female name and "Expy" sounds better. If we start calling them "Expo's" I'd have to change her name to something more masculine, like Carl. Seems like me telling my friends I took out Carl, drove him hard in a mudhole, then gave him a bath is waaayyy more :supergay:

I dunno, just my 2cents

Makes sense to me... I always refer to mine as a her. :hmm:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whoever said it sounds gay...SOUNDS GAY!!!

heres my take on this...i feel...again...i feel...that this is not a political forum where we need to be "politically correct"...we do need to respect each other...their opinions because we all have the right to have/express our opinions...hence...they sound gay for saying it sounds gay...regardless of calling the expedition...Ex...EX...X...expy...expo...expedi...truck...suv...or expedition...WE ALL KNOW WHAT THAT PERSON IS TALKING ABOUT because this is an Expedition Forum...so if your expedition is red and you refer to "big red" "red" "cherry"...big red doesnt want to accelerate when going uphill...we know youre talking about the expedition

i feel its a bit much to regulate what we should call our vehicles unless its demeaning...slandering...offensive...racial...stereotyping...harrassing...and/or discriminating in which at that time if it is the user will/should be asked to not use that name/term or be banned from the site...

i feel common term/lingo should remain to parts and/or anything else about the vehicle...cops (coil over plugs) tpms (tire pressure monitoring sensors)...stuff like that...HID (high intensity display)...rims (wheels)...ABS (anti-brake system) and so on...

its one thing to monitor/sensor the verbage/talk to keep it a clean site but to monitor what we call it is a bit much...so we restrict freedom of speech? people arguing and belittling another member...YES...what we call our vehicle...your vehicle...NO

Last edited:
OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
whoever said it sounds gay...SOUNDS GAY!!!

heres my take on this...i feel...again...i feel...that this is not a political forum where we need to be "politically correct"...we do need to respect each other...their opinions because we all have the right to have/express our opinions...hence...they sound gay for saying it sounds gay...regardless of calling the expedition...Ex...EX...X...expy...expo...expedi...truck...suv...or expedition...WE ALL KNOW WHAT THAT PERSON IS TALKING ABOUT because this is an Expedition Forum...so if your expedition is red and you refer to "big red" "red" "cherry"...big red doesnt want to accelerate when going uphill...we know youre talking about the expedition

i feel its a bit much to regulate what we should call our vehicles unless its demeaning...slandering...offensive...racial...stereotyping...harrassing...and/or discriminating in which at that time if it is the user will/should be asked to not use that name/term or be banned from the site...

i feel common term/lingo should remain to parts and/or anything else about the vehicle...cops (coil over plugs) tpms (tire pressure monitoring sensors)...stuff like that...HID (high intensity display)...rims (wheels)...ABS (anti-brake system) and so on...

its one thing to monitor/sensor the verbage/talk to keep it a clean site but to monitor what we call it is a bit much...so we restrict freedom of speech? people arguing and belittling another member...YES...what we call our vehicle...your vehicle...NO

Damn Freeway!!!! Why don't you tell us what you really think. LOL

Did you see the :joke: ??

I will add a few more to be clear...

I take it you voted "Whatever you prefer"