f150 rims on a Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In case you are unaware this isn’t a kindergarten class. You can always see yourself out.
I don't like being called names...……..don't do it. And don't knock people that helped you greatly, you would still be working on that truck if it wasn't for us.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like being called names...……..don't do it. And don't knock people that helped you greatly, you would still be working on that truck if it wasn't for us.

Wrong. Get off your high horse, you didn’t help me. You stated the obvious. Google helped me, FordTechMakuloco helped me, 69charged and max helped me, you and I have a very different definition of “help”. Stating the obvious isn’t “help”. Telling people their motors are compromised when they aren’t isn’t “help”. Calling people helpless isn’t “help”.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wrong. Get off your high horse, you didn’t help me. You stated the obvious. Google helped me, FordTechMakuloco helped me, 69charged and max helped me, you and I have a very different definition of “help”. Stating the obvious isn’t “help”. Telling people their motors are compromised when they aren’t isn’t “help”. Calling people helpless isn’t “help”.
Typical forum, unappreciative takers. I helped you more than you realize and I think you went from kindergarten to college. I helped you and shamanthin both a LOT and you both didn't appreciate any of it. I have other things to do I didn't have to invest time in you two takers. I just finished doing that same job you guys did and I have an extensive background...………...typical forum; givers and takers.

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah that's the general consensus

Maybe spray a bit of paint or plastidip on the end of the cut so it doesn't rot to ****

supermitch

Reaction score
Regarding cutting threads, this is an engineering question, in my opinion. Here's a search result that might be useful:
https://www.portlandbolt.com/technical/faqs/recommendation-on-thread-engagement/

I wouldn't cut them flush, as mentioned previously.

Edit: I would probably leave 2 threads, and you'll be good. Probably the real risk is damaging threads if you don't have a good way of cleaning them up, while also cutting too close.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brcknrdg Rob

brcknrdg Rob

Reaction score
That was my thoughts, I made sure to leave at least 8 threads from the face of nut as I would with a structural strut in a building. It looks much better with the center caps on. I attempted to adjust the parking brake while the wheels were off(I was so pissed off from trying to get the springs on when I replaced the pads and rotors in December I didn't have time to get the right) I still don't think they are set right. I will watch another video LOL.....

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cutting rear axle ends won't hurt anything. I did it on a GMC Jimmy back in the day for the same reasons (fitting an older mag with a tight center cap).

I did wheel bearing hubs on that GM later in its' life and it wasn't a problem. Just make sure you take a file to the axle end afterwards and "clean up" your work, so that the lock nut can freely come off and back on when needed. I did mine with a hacksaw and cutting oil.

For the record, 2004 F-150 rims fit without any mods on a 2014 Expedition :

F%2Fi.postimg.cc%2FqMW58dLD%2FExpedition-F150-Mags.png