Factory subwoofer issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fudge1218

Reaction score
So I have an aftermarket JVC head and my factory subwoofer was working really good for a while, but recently it started to cut out and hum randomly and it will also make a crackling noise but will kick back on randomly work again
Also forgot, its 03 Eddie baurer trim

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like your sub has seen better days. If it's been satisfactory in bass for you, I think the factory ones are still available. Their a bit tricky to remove, as they bolt through back of sub magnet for stability. While in their check out the sub amp to be sure it's ok. You might want to try jumping the wires to try another speaker while apart. The factory plug should be easy to shove a few wires into temporary. Any 6 1/2 inch or bigger will do. Even a home speaker. Better to know a speakers blown, before buying a new one. That's what I've done at least.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fudge1218

Fudge1218

Reaction score
I'm gonna start with testing the amp like you said, the amps a lot more accessible, its definitely better to know before than to take the entire thing apart

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You just need to take plug off speaker, and use either 2 pieces of wire, or alligator jumpers. You really can't test an amp at home, unless you've got an osilloscope at home. If your amp is working powering the speaker, then you know power to it is good. I always do speaker first, then check amp next.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk