False/Ghost Front Parking Alerts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G213

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey All-

Did a quick search and couldn't find any threads mentioning this. (Please feel free to point me to any)

While sitting in traffic, I've noticed occasional false alerts for the front parking aid. The alerts are extremely quick, a very quick loud beep or two and it's gone. Most of the time, the "Front Park Aid" popup on the MFC doesn't appear. However, the tone is clearly for the front parking aid.

Interestingly enough, this only happens behind other Ford vehicles. Overall, I've observed this false alert approx. 40 different times and each time, a Ford vehicle was in front of me, equipped with rear park sensors.

When crawling in traffic, my guess is the front sensors do engage, as the system may not be sure if you're attempting to park. So with the occasional ping that's sent, the rear sensors on the other Fords provide the perfect backboard for the pulse, which is enough to briefly sent my front sensors off.

Anyone else ever experience? Doesn't bother me, just curious :patriot:

Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey All-

Did a quick search and couldn't find any threads mentioning this. (Please feel free to point me to any)

While sitting in traffic, I've noticed occasional false alerts for the front parking aid. The alerts are extremely quick, a very quick loud beep or two and it's gone. Most of the time, the "Front Park Aid" popup on the MFC doesn't appear. However, the tone is clearly for the front parking aid.

Interestingly enough, this only happens behind other Ford vehicles. Overall, I've observed this false alert approx. 40 different times and each time, a Ford vehicle was in front of me, equipped with rear park sensors.

When crawling in traffic, my guess is the front sensors do engage, as the system may not be sure if you're attempting to park. So with the occasional ping that's sent, the rear sensors on the other Fords provide the perfect backboard for the pulse, which is enough to briefly sent my front sensors off.

Anyone else ever experience?

Bought a new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4 - never wrecked or damaged.

The vehicle has done the same thing you describe (but not always around Ford vehicles - sometimes no vehicles) since I bought it.

I returned to to the dealer and was told there were no codes, thus nothing to fix.

The problems continues - now with 45,*** miles on the vehicle.

Since new, the vehicle has also intermittently and randomly displayed “trailer wiring fault” and “no key detected” messages. I have never towed or opened the four or seven pin connector covers. The “no key detected” message appears after I enter the vehicle and start it. Ironically, it did it earlier tonight.

The dealer also stated there were no codes for both of the messages above, thus nothing to fix.

Poor quality.

OP
OP
G213

G213

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bought a new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4 - never wrecked or damaged.

The vehicle has done the same thing you describe (but not always around Ford vehicles - sometimes no vehicles) since I bought it.

I returned to to the dealer and was told there were no codes, thus nothing to fix.

The problems continues - now with 45,*** miles on the vehicle.

Since new, the vehicle has also intermittently and randomly displayed “trailer wiring fault” and “no key detected” messages. I have never towed or opened the four or seven pin connector covers. The “no key detected” message appears after I enter the vehicle and start it. Ironically, it did it earlier tonight.

The dealer also stated there were no codes for both of the messages above, thus nothing to fix.

Poor quality.

Ah bummer, but interesting. Thanks for verifying I'm not crazy.

I haven't even tried to bring it up to the dealer, since I can't replicate it on demand. I thought about checking the connectors to the sensors, making sure they are sealed and no dirt or water worked it's way into the pins. Maybe someday when I'm bored enough. :buffer:

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its a ghost in the machine
mine does it every now and then. I once thought it was the sun reflecting off the car or truck in front of me. They are very very sensitive. if i get repeated ones, i usually wipe off the sensors with a damp tissue, it seems to help.
Might be crap from road or bug guts..?? there is so much liquids from other vehicles maybe this may be the cause.

as far as the no key detected....its not often, but it does happen and i look down and the key is there int the cubby under the radio, if i pick it up and give it a stare the alert goes away...have no idea why
really gives me a jolt if it does it at 75 mph, my brain thinks oh crap the car is going to shut off.

i never get any trailer not connected codes unless i unplug the trailer. i would try plugging in a trailer and then unplug and see if it clears the random electron.
common network its just ghosts of tron

wait till level 5 autonomy comes out.....lots of wires and lots of high speed data. trades predict nearly 250 lbs of added weight from the right wiring required to handle the data transfers and speed on a four door sedan

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine trigger on motorcycles riding lines at certain low speeds

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The front sensors on mine go off all the time. It's pretty aggravating. Usually I'll just turn it off.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey All-

Anyone else ever experience? Doesn't bother me, just curious :patriot:
This is most likely the sensors picking up a radar pulse from someone else's BLIS or parking aid system.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I sometimes get a warning "Vehicle approaching from *** side" when backing into my drive. No front parking sensors that I know of.

-- Chuck
My BLIS activates on guard rails, tall grass on the should or median. Kinda spooky sometimes at night when you think you're all alone.

Other vehicles BLIS systems can activate my radar detector, which is annoying. Really annoying. I can drive for miles with no radar alerts, then someone will pass me. Then for the next 40 miles its a constant alarm.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
G213--yes, nearly identical to yours....Front warning only w or w/o visual alert and ONLY with a Flex, Escape or Edge in front of me.

No big deal.....

jeff