Fancy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JessOTR

JessOTR

Reaction score
Folks don't often show up here to say nice things about their Expy. Usually something is screwed up and they are looking for info regarding repairing it
This exactly. I've been on enough forums of different subjects to know that this is a universal truth. Generally, people with no problems are not googling Expedition forums. They are just happily driving their car without a second thought.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll chime in here too. My 99 year old father in law (yes, 99!!) was here visiting. He loved my expy! Everything about it. Size, interior quality, ride. Really made my think I should keep it.

I also just got back yesterday from a 1000 mile trip. Averaged 19 mpg, which is up from my usual 17 or so. I really love how this thing just eats the miles. So comfortable. I was also looking at my Corinthian leather seats. I'm really amazed how little wear they show after almost 5 years, even the drivers seat. I've been thinking of trading it for something, but I really don't know what.

I know I have a good one with literally NO issues and I have to be honest, I'm really thinking about just hanging on to it. Just rolled over 50K miles and I have another year to go on my extended warranty. I'll need tires and brakes soon, but $1500 or so is a lot less than trading plus $20K to get.....IDK what.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This exactly. I've been on enough forums of different subjects to know that this is a universal truth. Generally, people with no problems are not googling Expedition forums. They are just happily driving their car without a second thought.
I guess I'm different. Any time I purchase a vehicle, boat, major appliance, sound system, musical gear, etc., I join the respected forums. There is so much to learn, good and bad, from these forums. I have learned a lot of tricks, do it yourself advice, after market parts, hacks, upgrades and more, just by reading and participating in forums.
I've learned to take the bad with an open mind and find a lot of the bad comes from poor maintenance or abuse. and anyone who tows a heavy trailer is going to have issues faster than those who don't.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
No "cam phaser" issues with either my 2007 (175,000ish miles) or my 2017 (only 35,000 miles).

As noted folks post exceptions or problems. Otherwise we'd see thousands of "no problems today" posts here and any other forum or Facebook thingie.

-- Chuck

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Corinthian leather is a term coined by the advertising agency Bozell in 1974[1] to describe the leather upholstery used in certain Chrysler luxury vehicles. Although merely a marketing concept, it suggested a premium product, "something rich in quality, rare, and luxurious".[2] In reality, it was the same leather used in most Chryslers, produced by the Radel Leather Manufacturing Company in Newark, New Jersey.
Probably a reference to Corinth (Greece) not Corinth (Mississippi). :)

-- Chuck

OP
OP
JessOTR

JessOTR

Reaction score
I guess I'm different. Any time I purchase a vehicle, boat, major appliance, sound system, musical gear, etc., I join the respected forums.
I'm the same way but I think we are the exception.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Corinthian leather is a term coined by the advertising agency Bozell in 1974[1] to describe the leather upholstery used in certain Chrysler luxury vehicles. Although merely a marketing concept, it suggested a premium product, "something rich in quality, rare, and luxurious".[2] In reality, it was the same leather used in most Chryslers, produced by the Radel Leather Manufacturing Company in Newark, New Jersey.
It was all in Ricardo Montalban's mellifluous delivery in the commercials....

Jskane125

Reaction score
I have a 2020XLT with max towing. This vehicle has been great .. no problems, no issues, mileage is exactly as stated. I pull at 5700lb camper with zero issues. I have had two back surgeries, and I have problem with some vehicles due to the seats - but not the Expy. I have 33000 miles, and just did a 2200 mile road trip pulling the camper. Mileage was low, but that's to be expected.

Everything works fine, no engine issues, no inside issues ... I'm quite happy with it so far, and I have a 100,000 mile Ford warranty as well. I hope it continues to be such a carefree vehicle. Good luck to all of you ..

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2020XLT with max towing. This vehicle has been great .. no problems, no issues, mileage is exactly as stated. I pull at 5700lb camper with zero issues. I have had two back surgeries, and I have problem with some vehicles due to the seats - but not the Expy. I have 33000 miles, and just did a 2200 mile road trip pulling the camper. Mileage was low, but that's to be expected.

Everything works fine, no engine issues, no inside issues ... I'm quite happy with it so far, and I have a 100,000 mile Ford warranty as well. I hope it continues to be such a carefree vehicle. Good luck to all of you ..
Would you please tell the weight of your camper and the approximate mpg? Thanks!