Faulty tire Press. Sensor on '05???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billj74

Reaction score
My '05 Eddie Bauer had a low tire pressure message. I checked all the tires and 1 was a little low. According to the manual, I have to air it up and drive at least 2 minutes at 20 mph or faster. Well that was a week ago and it still says low pressure, although all tires are fine. The manual says if message stays on see your dealer. Does anyone have any input to this problem. Ive had the truck 2 weeks and I would hate to go back already.

Chesterfoxes

Reaction score
Tire Sensor

Have you pressed the "RESET" button on the message center? Suprising to find a tire low coming from the dealer - usually they're 10 psi high.

Paul

OP
OP
B

billj74

Reaction score
Its an '05 but i bought it used w/ 18000 miles on it. I got it for $27900. I had a tire guy look at it and he couldnt get a reading on his digital gauge. He removed the valve from inside the stem......No air came out! After we both looked at each other puzzled, he pushed a wire down into the stem. It came out covered in what looked like fix-a-flat, and air began to rush out. So I guess some bone head squirted it full. Now I figure if I take it to the dealer they will not cover it under warranty. Anyone know how much it would cost to replace one of these.

French101

Reaction score
I have an 05 too and every time the temperature goes down, the pressure goes with it! Tonight, the rear driver side just let it all out!!! No reasons, no damage to the tire but I will have the dealer replace the tire anyway. The pressure was down at 29psi. It would be nice to have the reading at all four corners not just a stupid message "low tire pressure"