First major upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Timberline 100% has dual fans right on the back of the IC. The radiator itself has large electric fans.
But for the IC its "under" the main radiator with louvers -> IC -> Dual (looks like 8" or 6" fans)
Interesting! I stand corrected. So a 22 has fans on the IC. Going to crawl under our 2020 this evening again.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting! I stand corrected. So a 22 has fans on the IC. Going to crawl under our 2020 this evening again.
I am not sure its on all of the 2022's. Maybe since the Stealth and Timberline have the Raptor Engine Mods they added dual fans and also to keep up with what is going on with people swapping the intercoolers out, etc.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is a design that came from the raptor with 2 fans. My guess is its only on the timberline.

ColoradoJon

Reaction score
Maybe to early but curious if you are seeing any real benefits? I am looking at that exact intercooler and thinking primarily for towing purposes to see improvements there. I get it wouldn't affect normal driving MPG but does it help towing MPG?

OP
OP
Railroadmam

Railroadmam

Reaction score
Just returned from a 1440 mile round trip to KY from FL. We had a luggage bag on top, plus some luggage inside. Averaged 20.5 mpg!! I was extremely happy.
Climbed the VA mountains (I 77 North) with ease... Before the intercooler I would get 18 mpg. That's with luggage bag on top. Very happy with my upgrade. I recommend it whole heartedly....

MTB2022

Reaction score
My 2022 xlt ... no fans on the intercooler.....just shutters in front it would appear... nothing in the back from the bottom.....

2020ExpyPlatinum

Reaction score
Just returned from a 1440 mile round trip to KY from FL. We had a luggage bag on top, plus some luggage inside. Averaged 20.5 mpg!! I was extremely happy.
Climbed the VA mountains (I 77 North) with ease... Before the intercooler I would get 18 mpg. That's with luggage bag on top. Very happy with my upgrade. I recommend it whole heartedly....
Awesome! Better intercooler = more dense air charge = more fuel, more power and more efficiency.

Absolutely yes an upgraded intercooler can increase the MPG, because the engine is running more efficiently.