First time Ford owner from MN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EXP Edition

Reaction score
Hey all.. My name is Forrest, 17(18 in April) and I'm a CHEVROLET guy. I live in Minnesota and just bought my first Ford. I was always against them until my buddy let me drive his EB Expedition and since then I had to have one. Picked up this 1998 Expedition XLT. 174k miles, 4.6l. Grey cloth with the wedgewood blue exterior.

I love it. I wish I was more comfortable driving, my back kinda gets stiff after a little while, but no big deal.

I'll tell you a little bit about myself. I work at Boardwalk Auto which is my dads car dealership here in Rochester Minnesota. I have been buying and selling my OWN cars for about a year now. I'm not the stereotypical kid whos parents own a car lot who just drives whatever off the lot and calls it his. I started out saving up 700 bucks when I was 15 and into motocross. Bought my first bike and kept trading and selling until I raised enough money to buy my first truck last January. 1998 Chevy S10 reg cab 4 banger. The rest is history, kept buying and selling. I now own my Expi, a 1994 Integra LS turbo and a 1999 Crown Vic P71 that needs a motor(for sale if interested.)
I do my own work to all my vehicles, I have been taking mechanics classes for about 2 years now and plan on going to Dakota County for their GM mechanics program after this summer. I would like to get into some bodywork, too.

The thing about me is that with my daily drivers, I've always been a creative kid, and I like doing things to my vehicles that set them apart from any other one out there. Even if it is little stuff. I'd like you guys to see my Expedition transform into something cool as the months go on.

Plans right now for the Expi:
New tires(I'm thinking Goodyear Wrangler AT's)
F150 FX4 Wheels(Cool 5 spoke ones)
Window Tint
Eddie Bauer flares painted same color as my truck
Windshield visor
Chrome/Wedgewood Blue brush guard(Westin style)

I will upload a couple of pics real quick and post em up...

PICT0061.jpg
PICT0062.jpg

I cut the muffler off last night, just waiting to go and buy some pipe to weld in place of where the muffler was, but here's a quick video of how it sounds. ($50 digital/video camera, kinda shit quality) I love Ford V8 sounds with a nice exhaust, especially crown vics/mustangs with the stock true duals. X-Pipes kinda get my **** hard too. I hit the rev limiter a couple times hehe <3 I love how it sounds.

th_PICT0060.jpg

Last edited:

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
welcome to the expy family, and the forum, cool that your into bikes to, i raced for many, many, many years, till i got broken the last time and lost my ride, factory support yamaha team, it was great while it lasted, vagas 3 times woo hoo, not bad for a priveteer, running out of a van and a flat bed semi,

OP
OP
E

EXP Edition

Reaction score
welcome to the expy family, and the forum, cool that your into bikes to, i raced for many, many, many years, till i got broken the last time and lost my ride, factory support yamaha team, it was great while it lasted, vagas 3 times woo hoo, not bad for a priveteer, running out of a van and a flat bed semi,

Hell yeah man way to ride Yami. You know Brandon Haas by any chance? He's basically my hero.

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not sure. im old more like days of Damon Bradshaw, Eric Riley, Guy Cooper, J,M,B, jeff johnson, see im really old, wait not really bob hanna has me by a few years,
I started out on an Indian if that tells you any thing. and finally got a ricer in about 1980 think it was i got the zuki, rm 125,till then i raced a BSA 125, (good ol bike). final year was 1999, when I cased a triple breaking my right arm, both collor bones, and really fuged up my back, N.C.Y, and honda/yamaha of Troy said no more, and that was it for me. then it was a long recovery, was chasing down Mike Brown at our practice track just out side Troy, Ohio, mike and I hit the triple at same time, and we were to close for comfort, at the last minute I brake tapped to double single dragging rear tire off lip of setter jump. missed the double shorting the triple, there storie of my life

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

EXP Edition

Reaction score
not sure. im old more like days of Damon Bradshaw, Eric Riley, Guy Cooper, J,M,B, jeff johnson, see im really old, wait not really bob hanna has me by a few years,
I started out on an Indian if that tells you any thing. and finally got a ricer in about 1980 think it was i got the zuki, rm 125,till then i raced a BSA 125, (good ol bike). final year was 1999, when I cased a triple breaking my right arm, both collor bones, and really fuged up my back, N.C.Y, and honda/yamaha of Troy said no more, and that was it for me. then it was a long recovery, was chasing down Mike Brown at our practice track just out side Troy, Ohio, mike and I hit the triple at same time, and we were to close for comfort, at the last minute I brake tapped to double single dragging rear tire off lip of setter jump. missed the double shorting the triple, there storie of my life

damn man.. That blows. I don't ride much anymore because cars and trucks seemed like a better investment than bikes, but I still itch to ride. I'm sorry that happened man.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani