First time Expedition owner/First time poster! Some concerns....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it's that year and came with the 22s then it should have CCD which should smooth the ride quite a bit.
Swap to 285/45r22 Defenders, they will improve the ride (I had the exact same Expedition and did this before trading on a '22). Could also spring for a rear and front sway bar to plant the ride a little and take out the notorious sway type bumpy/floaty ride they have.

I agree with poster above, don't pull the 22s for 18s, you will be less impressed with the look and won't notice a big improvement in the ride.

Wheels make or brake the look of a vehicle.

OP
OP
fordnate

fordnate

Reaction score
The vehicle stores a lot of information than can affect the vehicle's performance, handling and other info.
But thinking of our issue, you may have tires that are a different rating than spec'd for the vehicle.
That's why I asked what tires were on your Max Plat.

Attachments

• IMG_0630.jpeg
    IMG_0630.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
fordnate

fordnate

Reaction score
Based on TireRack, the Original tires are not that highly rated. I will be getting either Pirelli Scorpion AS3 or the Michelin Defender. Any opinion on which is the better option? TireRack has them pretty much identical in all categories.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice ride. Sorry for the catalytic converter.

The steering is the way it is because at the time of release, it's competitors didn't have lane centering. The my22s have lane centering though. My navs lane keep seems a lot more sensitive then my18 expy was. We been driving with it off.

For the ride, I like the ride on mine, but I def change the modes alot. I barely ever leave it in normal, I put it in eco for a smoother ride, but put it in sport for city streets and wavy surfaces. I also changed out my tires and got them balanced. The ride is wonderful. Sometimes, in normal, the ride can feel bumpy, but its not like that every ride though. I always said fords shocks got a horribly high bandwidth.

OP
OP
fordnate

fordnate

Reaction score
Nice ride. Sorry for the catalytic converter.

The steering is the way it is because at the time of release, it's competitors didn't have lane centering. The my22s have lane centering though. My navs lane keep seems a lot more sensitive then my18 expy was. We been driving with it off.

For the ride, I like the ride on mine, but I def change the modes alot. I barely ever leave it in normal, I put it in eco for a smoother ride, but put it in sport for city streets and wavy surfaces. I also changed out my tires and got them balanced. The ride is wonderful. Sometimes, in normal, the ride can feel bumpy, but its not like that every ride though. I always said fords shocks got a horribly high bandwidth.
Thanks! The modes do not impact suspension at all and they are not supposed to. I think new tires are going to be my answer.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks! The modes do not impact suspension at all and they are not supposed to. I think new tires are going to be my answer.
The modes DO impact suspension. For instance the CCD rides super soft in Eco, normal in normal, and stiff in Sport mode. It also affects steering and performance

OP
OP
fordnate

fordnate

Reaction score
I stand corrected. I just read the manual. However, I do not notice a difference, other than when the vehicle shifts.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea the modes def adjust suspension, and it's very noticeable.

I think theres something wrong with your shocks.