Flimsy lug nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pauldevz

Reaction score
Just thought of putting some pictures (attached below) on the subject. The Ford Dealer at Abu Dhabi refused to rotate the wheels as they say I need to replace the lug nuts costing around USD 200. (FORD - FDACPZ 1012 B/NUT - WHEEL). The car had 120,000KMs on the time of Ford Service and recommended to replace the lug nuts. I was wondering why it needed to be replaced as the car was only serviced by the Ford Dealers.
On the 130,000 they advised the wheels can not have the normal service rotation due to the swollen lug nuts.

I got a replacement from Amazon and I was going to try to replace the lug nuts myself and alas, the Ford included tools could not fit.
Brought the car to a local tyre shop, and even the mechanic was having a hard time hammering the socket wrench to fit the lugs and even removing it after with the impact wrench.

Here's some photos below for your reference. The top is the original, middle is the chrome cap broken comparing it to the new/replacement lugs on the bottom.

IMG_5419.JPG
IMG_5415.JPG

Get them replaced as soon as you can or try to claim it if your car is under warranty if possible. A poorly designed part to break or deform and can leave you stranded on the road even with a working spare tyre. Probably FORD do still want to keep a reputation of "Found On the Road Dead."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire