Flowmaster suggestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mailmanrandy

Reaction score
I have a 97 EB that I need to replace the muffler on. I've read most of the muffler threads on here but would still like peoples suggestions.

I've narrowed it down to the Super 40, Super 44, or the 70 series.

I do mostly in town, stop and go driving. I also tow a boat on the weekends. I don't want it to be as loud as a Peterbilt, but I'd like to have some growl to it.

Thanks for your opinions!

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
between those 3 I would suggest the 70 series. The other 2 are very aggressive and loud IN THE CAB.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on 70 series in the choices but I have flowmaster 40s and absolutely love mine but also have true duals and rear two cats removed.... but its pretty loud but not too bad with the windows up.....

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i cant remember but i thought i had the 40 series on mine. and its not loud at all. it has a nice deep roar when you get on it or when she first starts up but other than that, not too bad. and they only time i really hear it in the cab is when i have the carpet out and get a little road noise. but i still have all my cats in too so that helps.

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My experience was with a super 40 on my last SUV. Once it hit between 35-40 MPH the drone would settle in. Now this was a dodge so maybe the results would be different on the Expy's IDK. Big difference here is the 70 series is a 3 chamber and the 40 and 44 are 2 chamber. There are more aggressive 3 chambers like the 50 SUV. That might be a good compromise.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i could be wrong. i may have the 70 series. i thought i had 40. i really dont get any drone when im driving at highway speeds or anything. and i usually have my kids with me and it doesnt bother them. actually, i think it puts them to sleep!