For those adding an amp & sub to factory box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good work

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Hey brother I got this mess going on with to many battery terminals going to the Hot post on my battery. And every time I open my hood I keep saying Man I gotta do something with that mess..lol
Do u have any suggestions or a link to a battery post terminal junction block that would accommodate this many wire's.?
Auto Zone and other store only have a block that accepts like 2 wires with set screw's.
I couldn't find nothing on Crutchfield Audio website.

Thanks for any help7a4219127ea734f3c15e1f4daf3b6359.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go to Crutchfield.com. They have all the connectors you'll need to run multiple hot leads. They also give great free advice.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go to Crutchfield.com. They have all the connectors you'll need to run multiple hot leads. They also give great free advice.

I did and didn't see anything that would accept 4 to 5 , 8 gauge wires.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I used to run multiple amps, I'd run a 0-2 gauge wire to the battery, then a plastic battery divider that took up to o gauge coming in and 4- 6 gauge Allen screws on other side. If your running monster current amps that need bigger than 6 gauge, you'll need something bigger, they make them. Check with a car stereo install/sales shop in your town. How big is the wire coming off your biggest amps?

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I used to run multiple amps, I'd run a 0-2 gauge wire to the battery, then a plastic battery divider that took up to o gauge coming in and 4- 6 gauge Allen screws on other side. If your running monster current amps that need bigger than 6 gauge, you'll need something bigger, they make them. Check with a car stereo install/sales shop in your town. How big is the wire coming off your biggest amps?

Thanks for your time.
Currently I only got 1 Amp Rockford 1200.1
Pushing a single Skar VXF-12-D2 sub.
I'm using the recommended hot n ground wire for the Amp 4 gauge .
I guess the easiest thing to do is make a buss bar with 4 or 5 posts .
I'm not sure how many amp it's pulling but Rockford recommend using a 100amp fuse off the battery post for this amp so that's what I got.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did and didn't see anything that would accept 4 to 5 , 8 gauge wires.

why do you need it to except 4 to 5 8 gauge wires? I use a "stock" terminal with each other the copper screw down terminals on each side, along with the starter wire and my 6 gauge under the main spot to "crimp" the wire, works perfect.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't forget 6 gauge is good for 60 amps, 4 for 100, and 2 for 150 amps, and 0/1 for 200. I have an old school Orion HCCA 225 bridged on a pair of newer Kicker 12's, I have never had a fuse fail. And, those who know, will know how powerful my amp is(was laying around so why buy something else, when it doesn't get any better than an Orion?

I used to compete when I was young and single. Went to finals 3 years in a row in IASCA, once with RF, then with PPI and finally with Orion. Yes I had alot of money to waste then, and did so every year with new systems.