Ford, Are you Listening? 2018+ Change/Wish List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tampa Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would like a nav map display in drivers display. Tahoe has a button to turn the door child locks on and off. Also would like the option for sports suspension and normal transmission shifts.

Last edited:

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My towers are older and no longer available. I think both systems raise the canoe about 2". You're probably better off with the Thule Crossroad towers and square bars. The Yakima crossbars really need to have what they call Keelovers, which are $110. Ridiculous. I had Thule square bars before, there's enough friction with them that you don't need anything to hold your canoe in place:

https://www.thule.com/en-us/ca/roof-rack/accessories/thule-crossroad-foot-pack-_-13900

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2018 Ford Expedition, Limited Short Wheelbase- Love my truck. One suggestion to Ford Engineers- I have a tendency to rest my left knee against the driver side door panel. Now with hot summer temperatures, (90's), the door panel makes a creaking sound if leaning my knee against the door panel and it does move slightly. Suggest reinforcing the door panel in this area.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I could carry the canoe on the factory bars, using the Thule canoe mounts that I have. But, they only raise it an inch. I wouldn't be able to open the liftgate or glass at all in the back. I need another solution. I think I need to raise it by 3-4" in the back...
I'm canoeing the next 3 days and I'm just going to use a canoe trailer to avoid the problem. It means sleeping in a tent instead of a travel trailer but I'm good with that... :)
Can you post a picture of your Yakima bars? I'm curious how high they raise it.
I’m in the same boat so to speak. My old ride I put the canoe on top but I don’t wanna fool with it on my Navi because it’s way too tall. I got a rack for my utility trailer and it does a good job. I debated on getting a canoe trailer but couldn’t justify the single use of it.

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat so to speak. My old ride I put the canoe on top but I don’t wanna fool with it on my Navi because it’s way too tall. I got a rack for my utility trailer and it does a good job. I debated on getting a canoe trailer but couldn’t justify the single use of it.

Try one of these:IMG_2114.jpg

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2018 Ford Expedition, Limited Short Wheelbase- Love my truck. One suggestion to Ford Engineers- I have a tendency to rest my left knee against the driver side door panel. Now with hot summer temperatures, (90's), the door panel makes a creaking sound if leaning my knee against the door panel and it does move slightly. Suggest reinforcing the door panel in this area.

I also wish there was a bit more soft touch material around the knees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey FORD
How about making the LED headlights, fog Lights & Tail lights standard on the XLT model as well
The halogen lights are way too dim for these 73 year old eyes:(

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I said it in another thread: an even more expensive towing package to include real towing mirrors, trailer TMPS, and the trailer camera system from the F-250. A 360-degree view of truck and trailer combined with the pro-trailer backup assist would be worth extra money; even for people who already know how to back up a trailer.

Jeffrey Long

Reaction score
'18 Platinum Expy. I would like to see an acknowledgement button (like Chevy has) on the Nav to allow input to the nav while in motion WITHOUT having to do it via voice command. Once you are moving, the current nav pretty much forces you to use voice commands for most functions. There should be a way to allow the passenger to do manual nav input while in motion. I realize that the nav lock is there to prevent distracted driving, however using voice commands isn't always prudent when you have a fussy child that has drifted off to sleep in the back.