Ford Fever Classic @ MIR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I assume you have a manifold gauge on there. Is it acting linear with throttle?
Vacuum leak?

It always has...

But..... I removed my fuel pressure and vacuum/boost gauge from the cowl a few weeks ago. They always read correctly with no issues and got tired of the redneck look....lol.

After tonight they will definately go back on immediately.... need to be certain of the data.

I had checked for vacuum leaks previously along with other items.....

I only wish I was datalogging and could have viewed both removed gauges when it occurred tonight. If it repeats I should be able to identify via datalog or missing gauges.

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
@ Big White:

I re-installed the gauges on the cowl...

Fuel pressure is good and its reacts properly to vacuum/boost changes.
Vacuum is good and linear with throttle.

I did find a small issue thats a possiblity....will post later pending on the results.

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Weather forecast has improved !!!!

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Tom are you running wide band o2's ?

Single wideband on passenger side for monitor and tuning purposes. That gauge is inside on steering column.. :)

Last edited:

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Cobra has a bit of an "attitude" when it's cold. It goes lean on tip in and causes a stumble. I have to take it easy for the first few minutes. It's all in the cold start up. I played with the cold fuel table a little and it got better. Just sucks because you get one chance to check it when it's cold in the morning.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
My Cobra has a bit of an "attitude" when it's cold. It goes lean on tip in and causes a stumble. I have to take it easy for the first few minutes. It's all in the cold start up. I played with the cold fuel table a little and it got better. Just sucks because you get one chance to check it when it's cold in the morning.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Yep... Same here..

Its very common for the custom tune crowd when changing injectors and/or mass air sensors. :( So I know I am not alone.... :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Was that showing the odd a/f?

Yes..

Odd in the fact it was swinging rapidly back and forth with steady throttle on tip in. May have fixed that... will know with cold start in the morning.

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Well I am going and plan to attend all three days.

:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

While she is not running perfect she is running fairly well. Still have cold start issues but thats not a new thing. I believe my recent wideband issues had to do with a very loose negative battery terminal connector. (Bottom half of the factory strap broke)

I plan to make a pass or two in the expy. Not holding high hopes for any record setting runs as I have dramatically changed my tune from my last outing plus recently installed taller tires. I hope she has 12's in her but would not be surprised with 13's. :bawl: Difficult to tell..............