Ford Fever Classic @ MIR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
One month away now.

Considering bailing this year as business this past summer was very slow. My reserves are all dried up and can't afford any potentially serious mechanical failures. :(

Might go just to watch.

We'll see....

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Well...... reserved hotel room for the weekend near there. Little over 2 hour drive from my place and thats if traffic is moving well. (rare)

Have time to decide if I will race, watch or cancel.

Besides the lightning crowd a "Lightning converted" 2000 F150 4x4 plans to attend. I would consider it to be the closest match for my Expy. The lightnings are significantly lighter than me. :(

Last edited:

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It would suck if you couldn't race, but understandable if $$$ are tight, and you don't want to break anything.

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Twoooooooo Weeeeeks...................

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Been trying to get my XP ready should I decide to race it. :)

Just discovered tonight I was only getting about 90% throttle pedal travel. Instead of hitting the stop the throttle bracket was catching on the hose clamp for the boot. Turned it over 180 degrees and now I get full throttle.

Oooops... I wonder what that extra few percent is worth... well maybe I will make a bit more boost now?!?

I would find out soon enough except I removed my boost gauge from the cowl since I got tired of looking at it and it was always consistant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
4 more days!!

Saturday and Sunday at this point look ok weather wise but Friday rain is forecast. Think it rained Friday last year but cleared up in the afternoon.

Having some tune issues that may keep me from running it I cant get it worked out..

Last edited:
OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
:wtf:

I have been having cold start lean tip-in issues lately. Till she is up to full operating temp she will go lean but it gets progressively better as it warms up. Its more pronounced the cooler the weather. So generally I take it real easy for the first few minutes.

I have been playing with tune with no real success so far.

But tonight I go out and soon as I tip in the throttle.. this time she begins to flutter between dead lean and pig rich very rapidly. :wtf:
And once again when up to temp she ran fine?!

This must be a hardware issue but what doesnt make sense to me is, it is consistent with outside air and engine temps and goes away when at operating temp. This points to tune but I dont care what you do in the tune it cannot cause what I saw tonight unless it was hardware related or a hard fault somewhere. ?!?! I wasnt datalogging tonight but did a lot this past weekend. Nothing indicated any problems. Engine temp, IAT, mass air all normal. Mass air transfer function is dead on for indicated fuel trims... Logged misfires too and the ecu didnt pick up any..

Oh...and of course no cel's

Last edited:

Big White

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I assume you have a manifold gauge on there. Is it acting linear with throttle?
Vacuum leak?