Ford may be in trouble come summer time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
https://m.carsdirect.com/automotive-news/2021-gmc-yukon-priced-from-51-995-100-more-than-prior-year

Ford may be in trouble if customers can get in a comparable yukon and still undercut fords discounted prices. I only bring up Yukon because yukons are always sold at higher starting prices than tahoes/suburbans. Makes me want to look at a '21 denali even more, lol. Apparently, the order guides out 2, im gonna try and download it and compare it to the '21expys og when it releases in July.

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You'll be hard pressed to find any on a lot that will come in under a rebated Expedition, especially in the first 2 years of sales. GM rarely discounts to the level Ford does on their full sized SUVs...or at least on the ones with decent option packages. When it's all said and done I would bet you can negotiate each comparable model to within $1000 of each other. At least that has been my purchasing experience to date through a 2010 Tahoe, a 2016 Yukon XL, and my 2018 Expedition Max.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford sells many other models and do so in many other countries. The Bronco will be a major player in the 4x4 market plus the Mach E was just announced.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chevy was about the same price for comparable trim when I did my due diligence trial of one last month.

I was concerned about ford reliability. GM anything scares me more, added to that this is a first model year. I’d pass without hesitation. Too many gm horror stories in my family. I’ve seen it first hand.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Expy was at the bottom of the list until the Gen 4. They have a new decent seller for 2 years and now their in trouble. Doubt their worried at all. The Gen 14 F-150 or what ever they are will fly off the lots if we are all still alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just looked at the yukon/tahoe order guides. What i noticed is that a lot of features ford includes on the expy, esp higher trim models are opt on the gms. Panoramic roof, power rb, nav, air suspension, are stand alone opt that are std on expy. Mayb they did that to appease buyers whod rather have std stuff on premium trims.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do they have a 400 HP Ecoboost option. I think not. Win for the Expy. The small diesel will be a turd in the big truck. Now if it had a real Duramax that would be a game changer. Ford, bring back an AlumiDuty excursion for me with the 6.7 Powerstroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk