Ford SYNC Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiffany Romero

Reaction score
I saw on my ford app that a new sync version was available. I downloaded it to a usb, plugged into my 2019 expedition and it showed installing....after a long time got a message that install did not complete and needed to be reinstalled and I could have loss of functionality.

I took out usb and reinserted to get a message saying it's failed and to download software again. I went to ford owner and sync update and now it says I'm up to date so I do not have anything I can download to usb.

When I get in car to start it throws a message that I need to finish installation and some functionality could be lost???

Where can I get another download for the sync to put on the usb to reinstall?

Thanks

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same problem
Get error code BGMAP_ERR01
SAYS CALL 800-392-3673
EVEN ORDERED THE $40.00 MAP UPDATE & IT WILL NOT WORK EITHER
GET THE SAME MESSAGE
PLAN TO CALL THEM WHEN I HAVE THE TIME

spiderman865

Reaction score
Dealing with the exact same issue for the last week. I PM’d a guy on F150 forums who others say has a fix. No response yet and wish I had left well alone.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First, what does the about screen say you are at for version and revision?

This is going to sound weird....but try this:

Nothing plugged in to the USB Port.

Factory Reset.

After the factory reset completes, do 2 reboots in a row(Press and hold Power and Next Track at the same time until Ford Logo appears).

Once it is back up from the 2nd reboot, reinsert the install USB and see if it will complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

spiderman865

Reaction score
My 2019 is at the dealer for the 2nd time in it’s 1st 5K miles of life for “drive mode unavailable” problem. Sync is 3.0 and running latest version of the software which I updated via wi-fi. I did do a reboot more than once, but not a reset.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 2019 is at the dealer for the 2nd time in it’s 1st 5K miles of life for “drive mode unavailable” problem. Sync is 3.0 and running latest version of the software which I updated via wi-fi. I did do a reboot more than once, but not a reset.

It’s the order that matters. The reset, then the 2 reboots.

Curious of the version number to confirm which revision is the troubled one.

Hopefully they fix your other issues!

When you get it back, check the Version. Should be Sync 3 3.X xxxxx... post that and let’s make sure ya’ll are all fighting the same version.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How does WI-Fi update work? Do you have to have the vehicle on or will it update when the vehicle is off? Will it automatically connect to the network once it is connected the first time? Is there a way to check for updates manually when connected to the network?

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First, what does the about screen say you are at for version and revision?

This is going to sound weird....but try this:

Nothing plugged in to the USB Port.

Factory Reset.

After the factory reset completes, do 2 reboots in a row(Press and hold Power and Next Track at the same time until Ford Logo appears).

Once it is back up from the 2nd reboot, reinsert the install USB and see if it will complete.

Ok will try it
when you say power do you mean ignition power, radio power, HVAC power or???

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i got an update notices on my Fordpass, but it told me to go to desktop version to download an USB, but nothing on the desktop version, their website is terrible and all over the place

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i got an update notices on my Fordpass, but it told me to go to desktop version to download an USB, but nothing on the desktop version, their website is terrible and all over the place

The notice on Ford Pass is more like an ad. It went to all FordPass apps regardless if you were up to date or not.