Ford Warranty question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdog2964

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a ford website i can go to and find out what ford extended warranty plan i purchased? We cant find any of the paperwork, other than the bill of sale indicated i did purchase one.
Example, with some of my other cars, dodge, nissan, i can go to those websites, type in my vin and it will tell me what extended maintenance plan i have. thanks

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IF, and that's a big IF, you bought a genuine Ford ESP using the exact same name and VIN, it might show up in your FordPass account. Open the FordPass AP and click on Vehicle, then Glove Box, then Vehicle Details and it could show up there. I bought one for our Expedition and used a slightly different version of my name and it did not link up. Even calling FordPass was no help. I now carry a copy of the ESP in the glove box with the other warranty information.

However, we also bought one for my wife's Lincoln and it did link up with her Lincoln Way AP.

If not, contact where you bought it and see if they will send you a duplicate bill of sale

OP
OP
C

cdog2964

Reaction score
IF, and that's a big IF, you bought a genuine Ford ESP using the exact same name and VIN, it might show up in your FordPass account. Open the FordPass AP and click on Vehicle, then Glove Box, then Vehicle Details and it could show up there. I bought one for our Expedition and used a slightly different version of my name and it did not link up. Even calling FordPass was no help. I now carry a copy of the ESP in the glove box with the other warranty information.

However, we also bought one for my wife's Lincoln and it did link up with her Lincoln Way AP.

If not, contact where you bought it and see if they will send you a duplicate bill of sale
Yep, totally understand what you are saying and im usually pretty good about making sure its the actual car manufacture warranty, its just that i have no paperwork on it so i was questioning myself. Most likely because we brought it in the house when we purchased the car and it made its way to the trash...
The upside is i did call ford and they did verify that i had a premium care plan up to 100k miles. Hopefully it will show up that way in the dealerships computer when i take it it for work. My guess based on our first 20k miles with this SUV, that warranty will get well used...
thanks

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That warranty guy will no doubt get you on the phone when its getting close to expiring lol.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine does show up in the FordPass site/app, but it did take a while to show up, probably 3-4 months. But yes, when they look up the VIN and try to get approval for warranty work it will show up. Also, do you not have the official state bill of sale docs, there has to be a line item in there somewhere. If it was financed, you can get copies from the financier (Ford Credit maybe). But I will forewarn you, my customer service experience with FMC was terrible!!!

OP
OP
C

cdog2964

Reaction score
Mine does show up in the FordPass site/app, but it did take a while to show up, probably 3-4 months. But yes, when they look up the VIN and try to get approval for warranty work it will show up. Also, do you not have the official state bill of sale docs, there has to be a line item in there somewhere. If it was financed, you can get copies from the financier (Ford Credit maybe). But I will forewarn you, my customer service experience with FMC was terrible!!!
we have had it for about 2 years and its not showing up on fordpass, but it is on the bill of sale and i called FMC and they did verify that i purchased 100k miles, 5 year premium care. Now if i could just get the dealership to fix it, that would be the next miracle...

Highlightreel

Reaction score
Mine does not show up in the FordPass app either. I bought my esp from the dealer when I purchased new in 5/19. I asked about this not showing up in the app a year ago and they said it would show up when my normal warranty runs out. Not really reassuring but that's why we keep the paperwork.

OP
OP
C

cdog2964

Reaction score
Ah, thats interesting, that looks like the mobile app. Ive been looking on the website. ill have to check that out. thx
So interesting. I downloaded the app and it does show up correctly in there. Not sure why it doesnt on the website, but regardless, relived its documented somewhere.