ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the rights to make changes to the spreadsheet, just haven’t really had any time to make the updates that have been found. @ads245 originally made it, but I haven’t seen him post in quite a while.
If @17LimitedExpy builds a new one I will try and transfer over the changes so there’s multiple versions floating around. Just have to find space in the little free time I have working 80+ hours a week.

No reason to kill yourself rushing...I’m retired with ‘extra’ hours on my hands, so happy to compile the data. Give me a couple of days and I’ll post what I’ve collected.

We all benefit when we gather the data/info together.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A couple of forum members have tried, but no discovery so far of how to make it show on Instrument Cluster.

What he said. Not doable. We are missing the modules. Same reason we can’t do the HVAC on the right side MFD. Not a matter of finding the function...we are missing the module capable of it.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
On that note, I think that Secure Idle is also not doable on any expy prior to 2018. I would love to be wrong about that, but it seems like a dead end based on the research of others as well as all avenues I have pursued.

One other thought. While I have no verification, I think 2018 Expy owners should check either the current Explorer or F150 FORScan spreadsheets as I'm guessing most and maybe all of the parameters are transferable/applicable to the '18s.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update on my remote start. Finally made it down to Home Depot to get them cut. They did it for free...perks of being a woman. Made the changes in ForScan, and followed the instructions on this video:
I now have remote start...factory, not aftermarket. When I purchased my Expy they told me it would be an aftermarket install that was going to run $1000. My total cost, less than $100...for keys and Scantool OBDLink MX Bluetooth.

Have done some additional modes like DRL, Bambi Mode, Seatbelt chime off, Keys in ignition off, horn off on lock. Try to see what else might be fun to add.

Thanks for all those that have contributed to this thread as it has been a huge help.

Which FORScan line did you change to enable remote start?

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here are the codes for the F150. It may work on the expedition

Double Horn Honk disable BCM 726-41-02 xxx0 xxxx xxxx

Essentially in the BCM in 726-41-02 you change the 4th number of first set of numbers to zero and save it.

Andy - you asked me about this earlier...I mistook your post to say this worked on the newer Expys. Do you know anymore about this line...is it confirmed to work on your 2017 or the 2018s?

Thanks.

Last edited:

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Drove 200 miles today just to be able to try this. No luck getting the option to be available in the IPC (yet), but changing 726-49-01 did the magic. The checkmark is gone. I am unable to physically verify they are in fact off, because my truck doesn't have any headlights. But I consider that a good sign.

View attachment 22043

As I'm going through this thread to gather/verify FORScan codes...this DRL option on the left side of the instrument cluster came up...any progress on this?

NOTE: In the Mustang community it takes 4 lines of BCM (or BdyCM) code change to permit full control of the DRL options on the left screen:

726-16-02 x1x1 x1x1 x1xx
726-21-01 xxxx xxxx x1xx
726-50-01 04xx
720-02-01 xx?x xxxx xxxx (change ? to C if previous was 8, or add 4 to value if not 8)

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy - you asked me about this earlier...I mistook your post to say this worked on the newer Expys. Do you know anymore about this line...is it confirmed to work on your 2017 or the 2018s?

Thanks.
This is in the other spreadsheet Line 23. I assume it works and I know several who said they used it. The double honk doesn't worry me because I never leave the vehicle unattended while running.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is in the other spreadsheet Line 23. I assume it works and I know several who said they used it. The double honk doesn't worry me because I never leave the vehicle unattended while running.

Ok, but you haven't tried it or verified it worked...correct?

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here’s a couple of pics for the Engineer Test mode...allows you to see several screens of data.

2ACF3AEA-9C3E-42B1-9D1C-14A34AC21DFD.jpeg CBAEDD56-65FA-4DB5-8599-B20526FED8A2.jpeg 6C5395ED-3861-47F3-9F77-8A9273A389E0.jpeg