Frame Shortening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reed

Reaction score
I have not been able to find an answer anywhere nor have I been able to find a 2nd gen Expedition to check this on. Is it possible to shorten a 2005 Expeditions wheelbase 25"?

OP
OP
Reed

Reed

Reaction score
well...I'm in the process of making my own vehicle like I want which involves a shortened more up to date suspension under a Bronco II(either a 2003+ expedition or 2003+ explorer).

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like a project and half. Why not stretch the bronco to fit the frame or just up date the Broncos suspension. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Reed

Reed

Reaction score
Sounds like a project and half. Why not stretch the bronco to fit the frame or just up date the Broncos suspension. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I have access to all the welding tools, lifts, scrap material. It is much easier for me to chop something and weld it back in place then fool with a suspension.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anything can be done if your equipped to handle it. Ever watch fast and loud? They modify cars/trucks all the time. Are you going to cut the frame and install different vehicle axles underneath? Or are you just shortening and install same front/rearend?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Reed

Reed

Reaction score
Anything can be done if your equipped to handle it. Ever watch fast and loud? They modify cars/trucks all the time. Are you going to cut the frame and install different vehicle axles underneath? Or are you just shortening and install same front/rearend?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk
Just shortening and keeping same front and rear. The reason im asking is all the pictures ive been able to come across I cant really see where there is a straight section long enough to shorten it 25". Not trying to get myself to crazy deep into this project. Hoping for a simple cut and re-weld job. Never watched "Fast and Loud" but I shall.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire