Front Caliper replacement after total brake system failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Brian Meek

Reaction score
Without fail, every time I take apart the rear brakes and think the Parking Brake stuff will be fine it falls out in rusty pieces when I pull the drum. Just happened on a Jeep where I was changing brakes. Here I had all my OEM quality stuff delivered at Rock Auto low prices and I had to trek out to Advance Auto for Chinese e-brake hardware at five times to going price. Kills me to spend $50+tax for Chinese parking brake shoes that I can buy online for $12. Won't even mention the hardware kit.
Yeah. I imagine more and more of the local parts store’s business is for the oversight items of online shoppers.

I guess I was lucky then with my parking brakes. Also, I’ve had the good fortune of only having worked on California cars.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had my e brake serviced twice when it was actually a rear caliper stuck due to either a piston or the hydraulic hose collapsing. I dont use the e brake much at all here in Florida.

Neither time was there any concerning wear or damage.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk