Front heat blows...weak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiteyMT

Reaction score
My 2011 xl has a healthy sounding blower motor, but barely blows any heat or a.c. I pulled and tested the blend door actuator under the steering column on the driver side. I have not pulled the one behind the radio. I visually inspected the bm resistor, looks ok and all speed work. I don't know what else to try. All modes are weak. Heater, ac, defrost, and floor. Could my blower motor sound normal but not blow air? It just seems like something is blocking the heat and a.c.. Please do Help! Thanks, Montana is cold.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Well i personally would've attacked the blower motor first in this matter, if you can take it off and check if the blend door where it mounts isn't abstracted or stuck in a certain position. Also there might be crap inside the fan itself preventing a proper air flow from the fan.

Hook it up to a 12v source and watch it spin, compare it's speed to a new one off the auto parts store... if all checks out then please let me know I've gone through so much blower motor crap in my life it's not even funny.

By the way visual inspection of electrical parts is a waste of time. Grab a meter and actually check for voltage and resistance next time.

How the rear air blowing?

OP
OP
M

MiteyMT

Reaction score
Rear air works great. I'm gonna get brave and pull that blower motor. (It's cold)

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, Dont forget about the blower motor resistor. Thats a common problem for any car/truck. Easy to change, and not expensive either.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Accrding to the Ford owners site you might have a cabin air filter look at your owners manual to see if there telling the truth