Front heater doesn't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

I also have a 1998 EB Expedition with the same problem. I pulled the knobs and heater control panel and all looks good. At first mine was completely cold even after a 12 hour thanksgiving trip. Although recently (last couple of days) it has gotten a little warm but definetly not back to full capacity. I am in Maryland and its snowing as I sit here. If it was the heater core wouldnt anti-freeze be leaking in the floor board. Does anybody have any instructions on changing the heater core. ANY SUGGESTIONS

OP
OP
G

Try having the system flushed. Replacing the heater core isn't a fun job even if the core is in the best possible place. Alot of vehicles, you have to take the whole dash out....I'm not sure with the expedition.

It is a GOOD idea...to run your heat every once in a while in the summer in any vehicle. If you dont all the coolant in the heat system sits. It is also a good idea to run your air in the winter. If you put your air conditioning on...and turn the temp to warm...you still get heat... Its not good to have the compressor not run for extended periods of time.

OP
OP
G

Make sure the knob does not have a hairline crack in it where it slides in.

OP
OP
G

Originally posted by Unregistered
Make sure the knob does not have a hairline crack in it where it slides in.

Exactly what I just ran into, this expidition had 3 heat knobs, so I just switched a good one with the front one that gets used the most, superglued the cracks on the broken one and put it in the back that gets used the least, my customer is "ecstatic" that she has heat in the front and it didnt cost her a dime and only took 15 minutes to figure out, ive got a customer for life on anything that needs done on her or her families vehicles. She was without heat for the last 3 weeks because the dealership couldnt find the problem and wanted to replace everything involved with the heater and needed another week to do it.