Front Seat Replacements?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elbimster

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I tried searching to see if someone's asked this before and couldn't find anything. At some point in the not too distant future I'm going to need to replace my drivers seat (BIG tears in the leather). I don't really like the "uniback" design on the Gen2 Expy's, ie, no movable headrest.

Is it possible (well, anything's possible, is it possible with reasonable time money effort) to put a Gen3 seat into a Gen2, without losing powered seats? Or anybody have a good recommendation for an aftermarket seat that looks fairly stock, but with a moveable headrest?

Thanks!

SoCalStig

Reaction score
I've got a 2006 Limited, and they have the front seats with the movable headrests. I think the Limited and King Ranch may have been the only trim level that had the movable front headrests. Easiest thing would be to probably look for seats from a Limited model.

OP
OP
E

Elbimster

Reaction score
I've got a 2006 Limited, and they have the front seats with the movable headrests. I think the Limited and King Ranch may have been the only trim level that had the movable front headrests. Easiest thing would be to probably look for seats from a Limited model.

I'll have to see what I can find, thanks!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Navigator seats

3rd gen expy headrests suck post 2008, they don't come with pyrotechnic charges so newer federal whiplash regulations require them to point forward at a ridiculous angle