front sway bar bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well they look like poop, I WANT to change them out with some polyurethane maybe but is there any real benefit?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you have your sway bar attached??? LUCKY! thats another thing on my list to fix. haha but really there is no benefit. might control your body roll a little bit, but thats about it.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They will last alot longer than rubber bushings. That is the main reason I bought poly bushings. I noticed that my front end felt a little more tight than before, but I had also changed out my upper A arms, tie rod ends, shocks, and now lower ball joints. I don't have a single piece of my stock suspension (front and rear) left on my Expy, except for the lower A arms, but the ball joints fixed them anyway so it is basically like a new truck now.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Kind of a hijack but i just got back from the garage and I was up under my truck for a good while. For an 88k truck the shocks are in great shape, sway bar is great, ball joints even have the bushings left on them! I'm impressed!!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from the sway bar bushings? underneath right? cant imagine the bushings alone tightening the ride...now if you replaced your anti-sway bar all together along with the bushings...like i did then it would be beneficial...i'd replace it with hellwig, eibach, or whoever else...unless you plan on lifting...