Front windshield tinting ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z

ziad_yamin

Reaction score
Just an update ...

Hope this is not looked at as some kind of a commercial or product promotion, but this is what happened with me and this is my feedback.

It is a long story, but I ended up removing the 3M and fitting the "Solar Gard" with all windows having a 30% "HP Titanium 16" film and the front windshield having a 0% "Ultra Performance 75" clear film. The Solar Gard comes with a 5 years warranty.

Front windshield was done nicely, especially around the mirror and the compass unit. No need to remove the mirror and No gaps were left too !

The service is very good and friendly. Only problem is that they slightly scratched the black frame of the back window. Also, I noticed few small watery bubbles and they said that they will disappear after one week max and if not, they will change those films.

After the job was done, I looked at it next day in the sun and did not like couple of the films (few sandy particles under the film), so they changed them .. no questions asked.

What I liked more was the Computer Cut system where a computer system produces the films in sizes that match the car make/model/year. Nice !

Will tell you later how the tinting performs in hot weather.

Regards
- ZY

Last edited:

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by ziad_yamin

What I liked more was the Computer Cut system where a computer system produces the films in sizes that match the car make/model/year. Nice !

Cool, I haven't heard of this before.

Our tinter does things the old-fashioned way, which takes a lot of time, expecially if he's gonna tint a few identical vehicles at the same time.